• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1st, 2nd, 3rd choice

Alderson

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of those signatures here that have peoples career choices with the Military.
Is this something that they recently changed to, because when I did my application, it was only the one choice that I could choose, not numerous.

When I first looked at applying in 2012 you could make 3 career selections....

Alderson said:
I'm seeing a lot of those signatures here that have peoples career choices with the Military.
Is this something that they recently changed to, because when I did my application, it was only the one choice that I could choose, not numerous.

Are you applying to the Reserve Force or Regular Force, that will help us answer that question.

You don't need to make three choices!  By doing so you are potentially signing yourself up for something you really don't want to do.  Want to know what I chose?  Infantry, Infantry and Infantry.  I told the recruiter that it was infantry officer or bust for me and I wouldn't take another trade if they offered me it.

Don't believe the nonsense that you can change once you're in, pick something you want to do and go for it.  I see too many young soldiers getting sucked in to trades they don't want to do because they believed some white lie the recruiter told them.

RedcapCrusader said:
Are you applying to the Reserve Force or Regular Force, that will help us answer that question.

Application was for the reserves, but I switched to Regular force and haven't had to fill out another application since the Reserve one.

Alderson said:
Application was for the reserves, but I switched to Regular force and haven't had to fill out another application since the Reserve one.

You will need to select 2 additional trades to proceed with your application. Contact your CFRC and mention it. For the reserves, you will only select one.

RedcapCrusader said:
You will need to select 2 additional trades to proceed with your application. Contact your CFRC and mention it. For the reserves, you will only select one.

That is some bad information you are giving. You could have up to 3 choices if you like, but no necessary to continue with the process. I only applied for AVN TECH, that's what I like, that's what I love. They offered me to go for air weapons tech, but that no me. I applied for one, waited for selection, and got selected.. Please don't give wrong information to others..

Spimx said:
That is some bad information you are giving. You could have up to 3 choices if you like, but no necessary to continue with the process. I only applied for AVN TECH, that's what I like, that's what I love. They offered me to go for air weapons tech, but that no me. I applied for one, waited for selection, and got selected.. Please don't give wrong information to others..

Poor choice of words, I should have said CAN vice WILL. My advice still stands: if you have other trades you're interested in, inform your File Manager if nobody has asked.

Honest mistake, and is an advice nonetheless. If there are more than one trade that you like go for it. But once you are in, is really hard to change trades. They say you can, and you might have a chance, but could/will take forever if ever happens

Back