• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

16 arrested over attack on war veteran

Blakey

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
I'm surprised, I did a search of the gentleman's name and did not find any threads on this.
This happened on 11 Nov '08, I can't begin to explain how mad this makes me, I just can't believe it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/16-arrested-over-attack-on-war-veteran-1018920.html
16 arrested over attack on war veteran
Police investigating the brutal assault of an elderly war veteran in his own home arrested 16 men today.

Bob Schofield, 89, was left bloodied and bruised after confronting intruders who broke into his house in Salterforth, Lancashire.

Mr Schofield was at home with his wife, Mollie, 87, when the couple were disturbed from their sleep.

They were found hours later bleeding on the floor at their cottage on Monday.
_45199525_schofield_226.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lancashire/7730927.stm
Men bailed after veteran attack
Sixteen people arrested over an attack on an 89-year-old war veteran and his wife have been released on bail.

Bob Schofield and his 87-year-old wife Mollie were asleep at their home in Salterforth, Lancashire when burglars broke in on Monday.

Mr Schofield was beaten repeatedly using what police said was an "obscene" level of violence.

Officers had arrested the 16 men, aged between 17 and 55, during a planned operation in the Blackpool area.

Detectives questioned them on suspicion of conspiracy to commit burglary.

And the Facebook link.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34344572356

Holy.... I don't even have words for this..

This is ridiculous?! WTF?!  :eek: WHAT THE FRACK?!

Sick is too kind of a word.

Why are these MONGRELS not named?

Hard to believe Englishmen (men used loosely) are responsible for such violence against an old man. One gutless criminal was 55 yrs old!

16 arested??

Bail?

If that was my father, gaol would be the safest place for them.

I would be out for some street justice, and thats a guarantee.

How can someone from your own country do this to one of their elderly citizens without a conscience?

Scum!

Disgusted,

OWDU

WTF??? That makes me sick that someone could do that to someone! that poor man! 16 people had to do this to a man, one of them 55 years old?? like really grow the f**k up!

Disgust is the only emotion I can come up with right now.

Just how much did they expect to "win" by breaking into the home of an elderly couple ???

For 16 people to have agreed to go allong with this "raid" tells me that there is something terribly wrong in Salterforth, Lancashire.

Some hard time in some unpleasant part of the empire.... Oh to have been born some 150-200 years ago when some real justice could be dispensed to lowlifes like theres.

I'm outraged by this news. Outraged and disgusted.  :threat:

It's really hard some days to keep your faith in humanity...

Back