• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

11 Sep 01 - 7 yrs on......

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Well, its 10 Sep here in Australia, the eve of the 7th anniversary of the days that has changed us all, and why we are places where we never thought we would be.

In Australia ,it was a Tuesday night, and back in North America, it was a Tuesday morning. I never thought that I would have ended up in Iraq  5.5 yrs later, nor there would be NATO in Afghanistan.

So, why I am posting this topic?

I would like to know opinions of after 7 yrs of war, do you think we have gained anything?

Do you think we are making a difference?

Are we winning?

If we fail - then what? Reprocussions against the west?

Where do you think things will be 5 yrs from now?

When this war is over, what will change?

Discuss.

OWDU

If you mean how have we ganied anything in afghanistan, than yes. We have ousted a taliban regime, intruduced a semi-stable democracy. We are keeping pressure on the Taliban militant forces. Also, I think we (the western World) Have made the world think more about unity, and countering terrorism.

If you mean Iraq, than no. I think that was a huge mistake. Even if I raq had weapons of Mass Destruction, than the UN should have resolved it without war. The occuping troops are trying their hardest to make this work, but I think that it can not be done. As soon as the coalition leaves, the Government will fall and a dictatorship will re-emerge.

If The west Fails at this mission (Afghanistan) Than The Taliban regime will take control, and have take the pride in saying it beat the Only TWO Superpowers to exist.

In five years, I see Canada pulling out of Afghanistan, Many other's doing the same. The US and UK will remain, and the mission will begin to weakan. In Iraq, well. I have no idea. ;)

Just my .02
:cdn:
Russ

Back