• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

“Canadian Forces admits H1N1 Vaccine causes severe adverse reaction"

GORD07192012

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
In 2009 I received the H1N1 shot (AREPANRIX by GSK GlaxoSmithKline) and had a severe adverse reaction to the vaccine. The CF advised “I confirm that you did receive the H1N1 vaccine on 18 Nov 2009 and as a results suffered an adverse reaction comprised of multiple complex symptoms (neurological, cardiac, respiratory, and gastrointestinal)” which include: dizziness, vertigo, irregular heart rhythms, shortness of breath, muscle weakness and pain, and numbness in hands and feet. The Department of National Defence (DND) paid for immediate access to private clinics such as Medical Imaging Consultants to expedite testing which included Chest X rays (requested 8 Dec 2009, performed 9 Dec 2009), Fluoro scan (performed 26 Jan 2010),  Chest Xray (performed 27 Jan 2010),  MRI (requested 3 Mar 2010, performed 5 Mar 2010),  a referral to a Neurologist at the University of Alberta Hospital (requested 16 Mar 2010, performed 22 Mar 2010),  Spinal Tap (requested 16 Mar 2010, performed 13 Apr 2010).  My physical fitness changed from EXPRES TEST lvl 13 fit to that of a 70 year old in a matter of days.  In 2012 the Canadian Forces advised “it is our opinion that your adverse reaction to the H1N1 vaccine, resulting in a syndrome of complex symptoms, is service related”.  It's unfortunate the military forced me to release from the CF in 2011 and I suffer three years of severe symptoms before they admitted the cause was the vaccine.

And?
I feel for you that you've had to suffer so much because of the vaccine, but I don't quite understand the point of your post.

Sorry to hear your story, but find me someone who thinks the bureaucracy of administering the lives of 100,000 people is fast and efficient.

GORD07192012 said:
It's unfortunate the military forced me to release from the CF in 2011 and I suffer three years of severe symptoms before they admitted the cause was the vaccine.

What was your release item?

They botched the 2008/2009 flu shots  I recall hearing about it last fall,  you were more likely to fall ill the following flu season if you received the flu shot that year.

kevincanada said:
They botched the 2008/2009 flu shots  I recall hearing about it last fall,  you were more likely to fall ill the following flu season if you received the flu shot that year.

Who's "They"?  The CF or the vaccine manufacturers?  There were two vaccines that year, the "regular" flu vaccine and the H1N1 vaccine. 
I did find this article saying that there may have been a problem with the 2008-2009 flu vaccines. 

All a moot point as the OP states he got the H1N1 shot in Nov 2009, which would have been for the 2009-2010 season.

I took it one time and the next day I could not get up from bed in the morning. I was dizzy! Scarry.

Szczep said:
I took it one time and the next day I could not get up from bed in the morning. I was dizzy! Scarry.

And did you seek medical attention?

I don't feel it's any secret that, yes, some encounter negative (sometimes extremely severe) reactions to many different types of inoculations.  There is always a risk, unfortunately.  And understandably, the stories of the lives affected when this occurs are difficult to hear.  I'm not trying to minimize one's difficulty with their own experience, but I think it's important to keep accurate perspective on the numbers of people who benefit greatly from vaccinations vs. those who have encountered complications.

Back