• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

2+ years out - bold prediction. 😉😁
There are increasing reasons to believe his political viability will not improve over the next two years.

DeSantis is waiting in the wings for the MAGA faction. He’s 32 years younger, politically experienced, hasn’t burned nearly so many bridges, isn’t eyeballs deep in legal woes, and, quite bluntly, is simply a more stable personality than Trump.

Trump is an ideological leader, but he doesn’t have any formal leadership status within the Republican party. He has an immense cult of personality built up around him, and has cultivated quite a mythos about his purported business success. But that will last only as long as it takes for a new shining star who says the same sorts of things to catch the attention and favour of that same segment of the electorate. DeSantis, for all his flaws, isn’t really burning things down around him. The Republican establishment may like that about him.

Oh your screwed worse than us, IMHO.
No. At least we believe that our elections are still fair and not controlled by some dictator in South America.

America's next presidential election is going to be a major crap show.

😢

No. At least we believe that our elections are still fair and not controlled by some dictator in South America.

😢
It helps that at least our federal elections are marked and counted by hand the same way in every province and territory with scrutineers

😢
I meant with leaders.
While ours are bad, I can’t believe you haven’t run Trudeau out of town or off to the guillotine.

I meant with leaders.
While ours are bad, I can’t believe you haven’t run Trudeau out of town or off to the guillotine.
Believe me if many of us could we would. I'm from Scarborough and to my everlasting shame that's the home of the Leafs who haven't won the cup since the Sixties and a large mass of people who vote Liberal.

I've learned to cope.

😎

I meant with leaders.

Good point... we can't be sure he'll drift off in his sleep like some world leaders might ;)

1665978091746.png

I'm a bunch of years short of Biden, but for quite a few years I've done my best thinking with my eyes closed.

:LOL:
Me, but unironically.

Some people close their eyes when concentrating. I've had to tell people that if I'm closing my eyes in a conversation with them, I'm actually trying to really process what they're saying without being distracted by anything in the background.

On the other hand, if my head is drooping, then yes I'm falling asleep.

EF3F926C-201A-4A8D-B9F2-ECFB239F9E88.jpeg

6A27088B-8C7C-47C1-BCC3-035172A47454.jpeg

And perhaps a larger ripple in Trumps 2024 plans. Most exit pollls suggest Rubio is preferred to him, and buoyed by Rubio trouncing Val Demmngs in his race
82FB94C1-6FC9-4F6A-AE6C-BC50D28DAB0F.jpeg

Interesting results so far.

No red wave.

Democrats will be somewhat happy with the results even though it isn’t settled yet.

Trump looks like a spent force with many of his backed candidates not winning and or underperforming.

DeSantis may have his opportunity to take the helm given his great results. Will we see a Trump vs Desantis destructive race? Time will tell I guess. But it may be the GOP is starting to move on.

View attachment 74741

View attachment 74742

And perhaps a larger ripple in Trumps 2024 plans. Most exit pollls suggest Rubio is preferred to him, and buoyed by Rubio trouncing Val Demmngs in his race
View attachment 74743
Just like a weather report: Tropical storm in Florida peters out before reaching the rest of the country.

Senate: expect all hinges on Georgia, just like in 2020.

Disgusting commentary from the Right, as expected, wrt Fetterman and same old baseless discourse about ''rigged elections''.

That's the problem today with the Right. Though there are extremists with despicable views on the Left, they are largely contained to some corners of the militant base. Figureheads on the Right actually engage in indecent, destructive discourse with disturbing regularity.

All in all a balanced result; House tight enough that Democrats can probably rely on moderate Republicans to carry on responsible governance and foreign policy. I expect Dems will hold the Senate, allowing Biden to carry on with nominations as required.

Back