• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attack at Nancy Pelosi’s home

The suspect is now also facing two federal charges, including a count of attempting to abduct a federal official- presumably Nancy Pelosi. Good details in the following:

Per NBC, Paul Pelosi remains in ICU ‘surrounded by family’, which suggests his injuries are quite serious. He’s 82; needless to say any serious injury is very concerning.

Some pretty disgusting and pathetic conspiracy theories have been getting circulated and amplified about this attack. At present it looks like everything is as it appears to be: a radicalized individual broke into Nancy Pelosi’s home wishing her harm, didn’t find her, and in the course of the break-in he attacked her husband with a hammer, causing severe injuries.

It appears she was the target but wasn’t home, and police arrived very quickly:

The attacker has been identified, and his social media suggests he was pretty far down the far right rabbit hole… Also, tangentially, he grew up in Powell River, B.C.

Please tell me that's he's not another washed out BMQ troop.

Some pretty disgusting and pathetic conspiracy theories have been getting circulated and amplified about this attack.

Yes, I saw some on FB today. It's terrible that people think this is a joking matter.

Yes, I saw some on FB today. It's terrible that people think this is a joking matter.
The jokes are gross but dumb and predictable. I’m more taking about the misinformation and blatant disinformation.

The suspect is now also facing two federal charges, including a count of attempting to abduct a federal official- presumably Nancy Pelosi. Good details in the following:

Per NBC, Paul Pelosi remains in ICU ‘surrounded by family’, which suggests his injuries are quite serious. He’s 82; needless to say any serious injury is very concerning.

Some pretty disgusting and pathetic conspiracy theories have been getting circulated and amplified about this attack. At present it looks like everything is as it appears to be: a radicalized individual broke into Nancy Pelosi’s home wishing her harm, didn’t find her, and in the course of the break-in he attacked her husband with a hammer, causing severe injuries.
Apparently the ex-"significant other" of the attacker stated that he has no real political affiliation and was just mentally ill.

Gypsy Taub Speaks! Pelosi Attacker’s Former ‘Life Partner’ Definitively Torpedoes the Media Narrative

I’m more taking about the misinformation and blatant disinformation.

Someone on the news suggested perhaps dialing down the stolen election rhetoric a little bit might help cool some heads. Or, maybe not.

Attachments

• mentally.jpe
    mentally.jpe
    16.1 KB · Views: 6
Apparently the ex-"significant other" of the attacker stated that he has no real political affiliation and was just mentally ill.

Gypsy Taub Speaks! Pelosi Attacker’s Former ‘Life Partner’ Definitively Torpedoes the Media Narrative
Some degree of mental illness wouldn’t surprise. His apparent social media presence had quite a bit of political/conspiracy theory content. The FBI criminal complaint for the federal charges discloses that the accused gave a statement to police and expressed explicitly politically driven motivations. It’s not a long read and can be found here: https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1548106/download

Some comments at the end of this article.
Asked if David was into politics, she said: “This is one of the things I liked about him. He always had an opinion about everything. And I can’t see him socializing with politicians. But I don’t know him now.”

Reports that David had been posting about conspiracy theories on Facebook didn’t surprise her, she said, adding that most of her family members are into the same theories.

“Who isn’t these days? So I don’t think that’s a valid accusation,” she said. “We just hope that if he is in trouble he will call us. The door is always open for him here.”
Sounds like the whole family has been marinating in this stuff…

Some degree of mental illness wouldn’t surprise. His apparent social media presence had quite a bit of political/conspiracy theory content. The FBI criminal complaint for the federal charges discloses that the accused gave a statement to police and expressed explicitly politically driven motivations. It’s not a long read and can be found here: https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1548106/download
I would say mostly mental illness coupled with some political frustration. the link you sent does not lay out his motives other than Democrats lie (Shocked I tell you, shocked)

I would say mostly mental illness coupled with some political frustration. the link you sent does not lay out his motives other than Democrats lie (Shocked I tell you, shocked)
‘ “Leader of the pack of lies” told by the Democratic Party’, and again, in conjunction with public reporting on his various social media. So yeah, pretty clear political motivations to this one. The FBI affidavit is to establish probable cause; it doesn’t purport to go into all of the details. The statement transcript alone is probably a few dozen pages. Note also that one of the charges- 18 USC 115(a)(1)(A) is explicitly about retaliation against an official for performance of her official duties. His actions were inherent of a political nature, even if some (speculative) mental health issues may be necessary to lower inhibitions to acting. That still doesn’t mean he didn’t know what he was doing.

Back