• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

How about the old, if the country could survive all of that, then this is next to nothing?

Its funny, because rural, western Coutts wants the truckers to GTFO as well. As does the Alberta Premier.

Look at those truckers, bridging the east west, rural urban divide.

Well, probably due to not wanting to encourage protestors that occupying cities is the way to get a direct audience with the PM.
You're right, there is no East/West divide, or Urban/Rural divide... my mistake.

R.fa20105e6919d3c20dfc2e09a71d9f42

Attention all, we have given this thread a lot more latitude then normal as we understand it's quite the touchy subject, and compared to most social platforms it's been fairly tame. Having said that the personal attacks need to be reined in, attack the argument, not the poster.

All the Mods would like to thank the forum for keeping this mostly civil and hope that we can still pretty much stay "hands off" for more discussion.

Thank you,
Bruce

You're right, there is no East/West divide, or Urban/Rural divide... my mistake.

R.fa20105e6919d3c20dfc2e09a71d9f42
There certainly is, as our elections have shown, the CPC still cannot win in Urban Canada.

I just don't think that the this protest is a sign of that.

Coutts is rural, coutts is west, Coutts doesn't want the truckers any more than Ottawa.

So we agree that Trudeau should stop inviting broad-brush crimination commentary until OPS has resolved the situation?
Absolutely. I don’t defend those words or how he’s handled it. I’m likely in the same 53% that isn’t happy with his handling of it.

I don’t think he should be meeting with the current leadership of this mess but I also think he should measure his language a lot more.

Well, that's just your regular modus operandi isn't it. Just like I spoke about in my post on the press. I tried to open a dialogue, you don't like my opinion so you go right to the ad hominems. You should apply to Zuckerberg for a job.

Being a jerk doesn't make any person right or smart, it more a sign of a weak intellect unable to form a coherent response.

You're wasting my time with your childish, immature taunts. I think Miss Sally is looking for you.

What are you going on about?

I wasn't addressing you, I was addressing Remius, and Remius was addressing G2G.

I like how people fear for the countries existence when things happen they don't like.

Meanwhile this country has survived 2 world wars, 2 ruineous global pandemics, the korean war, the quebec seperatist crisis, 2 massive global economic downturns, and countless other challenges.

But yeah, this, this will cause people to worry about the existance of Canada. Good golly.
Maybe you don't study history - the fall always comes from with in.

Your inference is noted and as always you refuse to see another point of view. When the police only enforce the law when its convenient should be a warning sign for us all.

Caledonia. Winnipeg. Railways blockaded. Pipelines blockaded. Get my drift?

Maybe you don't study history - the fall always comes from with in.
I do study history. Falls do tend to come from within, but seriously, this as a catalyst? Really? This country survived millions of Quebecers wanting to leave, world wars with tens of thousands of dead, and countless other more trying times.

Yet a protest that managed to get less people than what you can fit in the Bell Centre in Montreal is what makes people worried about the survival of this country?

We just had 17 million people vote, I think that's more reflective of the state of the nation.
Your inference is noted and as always you refuse to see another point of view. When the police only enforce the law when its convenient should be a warning sign for us all.

Caledonia. Winnipeg. Railways blockaded. Pipelines blockaded. Get my drift?
Each police force does what it feels is right. How they react to things is up to them. And Canada will get through this just fine.

Each police force does what it feels is right. How they react to things is up to them. And Canada will get through this just fine.
Not lately if you can read past the headlines. Never mind - you have your own point of view and we don't share it.

Not lately if you can read past the headlines. Never mind - you have your own point of view and we don't share it.
:cdn:

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all of us command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Sorry, had the urge to get all patriotic and believe our country is not on the verge of falling apart based on the protest of a few thousand people on Parliament hill in trucks.

Of course not, everyone is cheerleading.

Get those first nations off the rails can easily morph into don't touch the truckers, as the CPC leadership has shown.
I think it is more trying to make it JT problem than actually supporting the protest.

How about the old, if the country could survive all of that, then this is next to nothing?

Its funny, because rural, western Coutts wants the truckers to GTFO as well. As does the Alberta Premier.

Look at those truckers, bridging the east west, rural urban divide.

Well, probably due to not wanting to encourage protestors that occupying cities is the way to get a direct audience with the PM.
That was just like watching the liberals in Question Period. Lots of word salad and deflection, but no real, substantial answers to the questions.

Does it matter? Police chiefs in this country seem to pick and choose who they want to arrest at demonstrations.

An OPP Officer sat with protestors at a rail blockade after HE WAS ORDERED BY A JUDGE to dismantle it.

How about that?
"He" was not ordered to dismantle the blockade, the OPP was. "He" was a member of the Provincial Liason Team, which was formed in response to the Ipperwash Inquiry, as a means to attempt to defuse such systems involving aboriginal protestors. "He" was doing his job.

The OPP, in particular, is absolutely terrified of appearing to incite violence with aboriginal protestors after the death in Ipperwash. A little too far in my opinion in some cases, but nobody wants someone to die over inconvenience or financial loss. Courts can issue injunctions but it is up to the police to determine how and when they are exercised to ensure public safety.

Guns. Yes. Are you really putting that flag on par with the Nazi flag?
I've been threatened to have my head blown off with an AK47 by someone brandishing one of those symbols. I've seen other people terrorized relentlessly. Lacrosse balls to the head and back as they walked down school hallways. Victims got accused of instigating the behavior when they brought it forward. Warrior culture indeed.
But no, not on par.

Trying to keep things polite.

I take it then if they aren’t going after nazi flag bearers (again, not sure what laws other than the law of common sense were broken) then you are upset that they are doing a contain and surge approach?
I'm in the unpopular camp that the flag should be banned and displaying it should be considered a hate crime. Could the symbol here not fall under "hate propaganda"? You throw a Nazi flag up and it's pretty obvious what ideology you're supporting.

What about the USSR flag? Well Russia hasn't seen fit to ban it, but Germany has the swastika.

Back