• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

So all the Pearl clutching from the National Media, LPC, Progressive Left has been a bit overblown?
Possibly but I would say the same thing about the protest people saying they’d have 10k trucks and and half a million people lol. So like most protests on the hil, the organizers like to inflate their numbers.

Possibly but I would say the same thing about the protest people saying they’d have 10k trucks and and half a million people lol. So like most protests on the hil, the organizers like to inflate their numbers.
Not going to dispute that the convoy numbers were well over slated as well.

Like Trudeau saying (after the latest electoral waste of 2/3 Billion dollars), “You are sending us back to work with a clear mandate…” when it was only 32.6% of 62.3% eligible voters, or only 1/5 of eligible Canadian voters, statistically the weakest basis of election ever in Canada since 1867?

Are there some fringe elements in this group? Yes, that’s quite clear (Confederate flags on vehicles, Stars-of-David taken out of context, yes), but there are still a lot of folks participating and many on the heavy handedness of many levels of government overall, not just the more specific point of anti-vaccine focused demonstration. I haven’t seen Trudeau use speech to acknowledge the mainstream concern while in a balanced manner, carefully separating the extremist tag along elements…it’s a deliberate mealy-mouthed sweeping statement methodology to gaslight the whole effort as fringe, and discredit the underlying message of a large share of the citizenry approaching their limit of one of the weakest government mandates in the history of Canada. If Trudeau wants to play the Divide-and-Conquer game, he may damn himself (or if he goes all soft and runs away taking a knee, and ‘passing the flame of progression’ to the next Liberal Leader when things look ugly, which is where I think 2023 will be) then I look forward to his likely having to rue the day of Canadians’ greater discontent…

Are there some fringe elements in this group? Yes, that’s quite clear (Confederate flags on vehicles, Stars-of-David taken out of context, yes), but there are still a lot of folks participating and many on the heavy handedness of many levels of government overall, not just the more specific point of anti-vaccine focused demonstration. I haven’t seen Trudeau use speech to acknowledge the mainstream concern while in a balanced manner, carefully separating the extremist tag along elements…
Speaking of which, here's what a leader who's actually trying to bring people together instead of make them fight each other for votes sounds like:

O'TOOLE: It’s time for solutions, and it’s time for Canadians to come together

As I’m driving north towards Saskatoon I just met a line of vehicles, semi trucks pick ups and cars heading towards Regina. I’m assuming that they are going to the legislature on a coordinated protest with the folks in Ottawa. I saw an odd looking Canadian flag with red stripes actually red horizontal stripes and then stars within the Mapleleaf. Some of these clowns should remember we fought against the Americans.

Speaking of which, here's what a leader who's actually trying to bring people together instead of make them fight each other for votes sounds like:

O'TOOLE: It’s time for solutions, and it’s time for Canadians to come together
Taken word-for-word, far more clearly peeling off the nutbars from the generally frustrated (highlight mine) ....
... there are no words to express what I think of groups that would take advantage of the plight of truckers just to sow division and advance their misguided agenda.

To these groups I say: your threats of political violence, hate and bigotry have no place in a free and democratic society. In fact, you risk hurting the chance for truckers to peacefully protest and have their voices heard ...

It upsets me to know that there are individuals who plan to use this protest as a means for violence.

So I am pleading with everyone who will be in Ottawa this week. Please remain calm. Protest peacefully.

Do not resort to violence. Be on the lookout for agitators and report them to police. Violence will only serve to delegitimize valid and reasonable concerns ...
.. than PMJT's take
... “The small fringe minority of people who are on their way to Ottawa, who are holding unacceptable views that they are expressing, do not represent the views of Canadians” ...
Meanwhile, some Twitter traffic's pumping up how the PM has paid Antifa $45M to be bad - although the post in the screenshot seems to have disappeared from the OP's account @ this point.

Precisely. Trudeau is deliberately vague in his wording…could mean all people coming to Ottawa, or he could slide it back and say, “I didnt mean everyone in the movement is in the fringe, just those who are….ummm, uhhhh, ummmm…”

Precisely. Trudeau is deliberately vague in his wording…could mean all people coming to Ottawa, or he could slide it back and say, “I didnt mean everyone in the movement is in the fringe, just those who are….ummm, uhhhh, ummmm…”
If ya have to explain it later, how clear was it, right?

Mind you, asking everyone to "lower the temperature (and) stop demonizing your fellow citizens and calling them names" would have been looked better on O'Toole than just asking those nay-saying the convoy to do that, I still give Team Blue WAY more marks for being clear & precise.

I'm thinking that'll be the next step of progression. If Trudeau isn't smart enough to make some major concession(s). To put it all to rest both sides need to walk away, feeling they've won. It needs to be a win win. I don't think trudeau's ego will let him bargain. An emporer/tyrant/dictator kind of person doesn't bargain or make deals with the help. If not, a truce won't work. I believe the next step will start with low level civil disobedience. Stores stop enforcing, people ignoring the mandates. Just, fuck the government and ignore them. The trick is to overwhelm the system so it can't respond. You can't arrest a city. I won't bother extrapolating or guessing past this point.
Even Prince John knew when the jig was up and signed a trivial little document at Runnymede. Our Narcissist In Charge would never stoop to this level.

So far it seems peaceful. Some guys parked their pickup trucks on the war memorial grounds but we asked to move and did so without issue.

Anecdote: i drove out this morning on my way to exercise my freedom to buy a magazine, some paint and get a muffin. On my way I saw supporters at the Huntclub, walkkey and Innis over passes. About 20 or so at the huntclun one and maybe half a dozen at each of the other two. On my way back I saw what looked like small convoy coming in. One transport truck and maybe about 20 or so cars and pick ups with flags so people are arriving at various times.

I know this protest is about a whole jumble of things beyond trucker mandates but I have to wonder what this civil war re-enactor is upset about?

C861FE8D-6FDB-453E-B2F6-4CA2FF306B8C.jpeg

Back