• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US, NATO Outta Afghanistan 2021

All I'm saying is that if I were Ashraf Ghani, knowing what happened to Mohammed Najibullah, I would be calling Putin promising a lions share of the 1 trillion dollars of resources estimated to be extractable in return for doing what they did in Syria.

All I'm saying is that if I were Ashraf Ghani, knowing what happened to Mohammed Najibullah, I would be calling Putin promising a lions share of the 1 trillion dollars of resources estimated to be extractable in return for doing what they did in Syria.
Mmmmmmmm, but the Russians already tried that.

I was listening to the Roy Green show earlier today and his first subject was the repatriation of the Afghan interpreters.

I am truly afraid for their safety.

Mmmmmmmm, but the Russians already tried that.
The Russians tried to occupy Afghanistan. That didn't work.

I doubt Russia could occupy Syria either.

But relentlessly bombing the enemy regardless of civilian casualties until the local forces can occupy the territory, yeah, they are much better suited to that.

The Russians tried to occupy Afghanistan. That didn't work.

I doubt Russia could occupy Syria either.

But relentlessly bombing the enemy regardless of civilian casualties until the local forces can occupy the territory, yeah, they are much better suited to that.
But, that goes against Liberal values.

The Taliban have begun their assault on Kabul, the question is, will it hold?

The Taliban have begun their assault on Kabul, the question is, will it hold?
Would they really begin attacking Kabul with 3000 US troops,600 British troops, and however many Canadian CANSOF in the capital?

Would they really begin attacking Kabul with 3000 US troops,600 British troops, and however many Canadian CANSOF in the capital?

Oh hell yeah... that's a drop in the ocean because anyone who doesn't want their heads chopped off will be trying to kill westerners to prove their loyalty...

Former CENTCOM commander says US 'may have underestimated' Taliban's 'planning capabilities'​

The Taliban’s successful military operations this week may have come because the United States “underestimated” the group’s “planning capabilities,” according to one former CENTCOM commander.

Former U.S. CENTCOM commander Gen. Joseph Votel told the Washington Examiner in an interview that he has been “very, very surprised” by the “speed” with which the Taliban has captured 14 of Afghanistan's 34 provincial capitals as well as Kandahar and Herat.

Oh hell yeah... that's a drop in the ocean because anyone who doesn't want their heads chopped off will be trying to kill westerners to prove their loyalty...

Former CENTCOM commander says US 'may have underestimated' Taliban's 'planning capabilities'​

The Taliban’s successful military operations this week may have come because the United States “underestimated” the group’s “planning capabilities,” according to one former CENTCOM commander.

Former U.S. CENTCOM commander Gen. Joseph Votel told the Washington Examiner in an interview that he has been “very, very surprised” by the “speed” with which the Taliban has captured 14 of Afghanistan's 34 provincial capitals as well as Kandahar and Herat.

Well, that's stupid.

Kabul likely falls without too much fuss after western forces leave within the week.

Right now those western forces are very capable of giving any attacking force a very bloody nose for their trouble.

Maybe our prime minister could don some traditional afghani clothes and go visit. Do some dancing, maybe broker a peace deal. Could even mean a seat on the UN security council.

west-point-grey-academy.JPG

You're comparing apples and oranges. The conditions that exist in Syria don't exist in Afghanistan and saying the same strategy would work is deeply flawed.

Well given that he has left the country maybe he went to Russia and could ask him Personally.

And this, from the Taliban info-machine, less than an hour ago via Twitter (Google translated - screen capture in Farsi attached) - narrative: we hear the cops are all running away, so our boys are just going in to prevent looting and other nastiness ....
Declaration of the Islamic Emirate on the need for Mujahideen to enter Kabul

The Islamic Emirate issued a statement in the morning stating that our forces are out of Kabul and we do not want to enter Kabul militarily.

But now there are reports that districts in Kabul have been evacuated, police have left their job of providing security, ministries have been evacuated, and security personnel from the Kabul administration have fled. So that God forbid the common thieves and robbers in Kabul do not mix, the abusers do not harm the people, the Islamic Emirate ordered its forces to enter the areas of Kabul from where the enemy and areas There is a risk of theft and robbery.

Therefore, the citizens of Kabul should not feel any fear from the Mujahideen, our forces will enter Kabul city very easily, they will not work with anyone, government military and civilian users should make sure that no one uses them, no Mujahideen You are not allowed to enter anyone's home, or to harass or annoy anyone.

Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan

Attachments

• E81jNyxWQAE8EZK.jpg
    E81jNyxWQAE8EZK.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1
Back