• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Simon Logan v. Her Majesty The Queen

Yeah good to point this out, will clear up confusion by some people.

I personally don't expect much, if any at all, because I was only in receipt of PLD on release, since I was attached to a shore office for my ship I had no sea pay.
Anyone on sisip wasn't receiving sea pay on release as we are all medical. Impossible to be released under LTD program and just come off the ship that day.

So to sum up. The amount I got is EXACTLY how much I thought I'd get IF they were only going by what was on our release documents on day of release.

Everyone reading this, do yourself a fabour and check your documents or call the BOR and ask them how to get a copy of your release pay docs.

I have friends who for some reason forbid to verify themselves and have been banking on this $$$$ for years. In fact, the day the lawsuit was finalized, one of my buddies bought a new car. 13 months later and he now finds out he gets $0.

Lastly....I received emails and letters from the lawyer YEARS ago. I asked my friend if he received any letters. "No", he says. So I tell him to contact the lawyer and ask if he is in the lawsuit. His reply was..."Of course I am, I received SISIP after 2012". Completely in denial or fear of hearing shitty news. Whereas myself, I was determined to find out exactly what was up, and I did. No disappointment.

I will explain the lawsuit as best as possible in laymen terms as I see quite a bit of misinformation out there. You WILL receive money if the following applies.

1. Were you released between 1999 and 2021? If so....move to next step.

2. Did you receive ANY SISIP LTD payments between 2012 and 2021? If so...move to next step.

3. Were you receiving ANY allowances on the exact moment you released? Not the day before, the EXACT moment? You can verify by checking release docs. If so....move to next step.

4. By June 23rd 2025 you will receive 75% of those allowances back, as per our typical policy with sisip ltd. So....let's say you got $400 allowances, SISIP owes you $300 per month. If you were on sisip for 2 years...then you will receive 2 years of allowances at 75%. They are paying based on release date. They have until June 23rd, next month to have 50% of us paid off. It seems they are on track as I estimated I'd be paid first week of May, and I was only a couple days off.

****they are taking taxes, lawyer fees and a "tip" to Simon Logan who is receiving $50,000 on top of his claim. Lawyer is approx 17% and 20% for taxes. So.....the formula for amount owed is......(Allowances amount) x (time on sisp ltd) = gross
Then take (Gross) - (25% sisip policy reduction + 20% Taxes + 17% lawyer) = net or......

(Gross) - (62%) = net

I will explain the lawsuit as best as possible in laymen terms as I see quite a bit of misinformation out there. You WILL receive money if the following applies.

1. Were you released between 1999 and 2021? If so....move to next step.

2. Did you receive ANY SISIP LTD payments between 2012 and 2021? If so...move to next step.

3. Were you receiving ANY allowances on the exact moment you released? Not the day before, the EXACT moment? You can verify by checking release docs. If so....move to next step.

4. By June 23rd 2025 you will receive 75% of those allowances back, as per our typical policy with sisip ltd. So....let's say you got $400 allowances, SISIP owes you $300 per month. If you were on sisip for 2 years...then you will receive 2 years of allowances at 75%. They are paying based on release date. They have until June 23rd, next month to have 50% of us paid off. It seems they are on track as I estimated I'd be paid first week of May, and I was only a couple days off.

****they are taking taxes, lawyer fees and a "tip" to Simon Logan who is receiving $50,000 on top of his claim. Lawyer is approx 17% and 20% for taxes. So.....the formula for amount owed is......(Allowances amount) x (time on sisp ltd) = gross
Then take (Gross) - (25% sisip policy reduction + 20% Taxes + 17% lawyer) = net or......

(Gross) - (62%) = net

Yeah in my situation I was on SISIP for 2 years and then I switched back to VAC IRB which eventually became DEC. I did receive PLD on my last pay before SISIP took over.

I went into this thinking if i got something nice, if not ah well. But good advice for people not to bank on it, unfortunately people will though. Not surprising, it always happened when we were in, people spending money before they had it. Then getting burned.

Yeah in my situation I was on SISIP for 2 years and then I switched back to VAC IRB which eventually became DEC. I did receive PLD on my last pay before SISIP took over.

I went into this thinking if i got something nice, if not ah well. But good advice for people not to bank on it, unfortunately people will though. Not surprising, it always happened when we were in, people spending money before they had it. Then getting burned.
Yea good point. We sure had a habit of spending our raises once we knew they were coming. I'm curious how you were recieveing PLD when I wasn't. There would be no mechanism that would allot that allowance to you over any other member. I think you may be in the same boat as the rest of us. We all thought we were getting PLD at release, so much so that they haven't even checked. Since day 1 I was skeptical about PLD and never included it in my calculations and I was bang on the money on the amount I received. That and my release papers not showing PLD, it's 100% that I did not receive it. If I didn't, you won't be either.

Not a pay clerk and was never on the ball with my pay outside of how much was in my account. I believe that PLD was paid at the beginning of our pay. When we released, we already had RECEIVED our PLD for that month and nothing was owing. We did NOT recieve PLD on the day of our release. Unlike our "work" pay/salary. We got paid to release that day. I hope that makes sense. Maybe an Admin Clerk can chime in here and explain who PLD is not on our release pay.

Yea good point. We sure had a habit of spending our raises once we knew they were coming. I'm curious how you were recieveing PLD when I wasn't. There would be no mechanism that would allot that allowance to you over any other member. I think you may be in the same boat as the rest of us. We all thought we were getting PLD at release, so much so that they haven't even checked. Since day 1 I was skeptical about PLD and never included it in my calculations and I was bang on the money on the amount I received. That and my release papers not showing PLD, it's 100% that I did not receive it. If I didn't, you won't be either.
I don't have easy access to my release papers right now, but I remember my last pay from the CAF had PLD, the first pay from SISIP Manulife the month after didn't. Along with the other pay hit.

There is a chance I'm misrembering as this was 8 years ago now and I have trouble remember what I ate a few days ago.

If I don't get it I'm not too upset, but this may actually be something that could end up being rereviewed, and if it is the case we lost pld on the final pay, but had it the month prior, along with them saying PLD should be included.... I can see where this is another cluster fuck that will only take a lawsuit to fix...

The group I'm apart of on Facebook for the lawsuit has numerous people confirming payouts with PLD being the only allowance they received at release.

MikeStPierre I suggest if you don't already get a copy of your pay records if it shows that you were paid PLD for the month up to your release date then you would indeed be entitled. You have 60 days to appeal with the lawyers from time of payment so I would be getting on that asap. I know others have stated they were recieving other allowances at time of release but SISIP somehow missed those allowances so it is important you get the documents and contact the lawyers if you think this is the case.

The group I'm apart of on Facebook for the lawsuit has numerous people confirming payouts with PLD being the only allowance they received at release.

MikeStPierre I suggest if you don't already get a copy of your pay records if it shows that you were paid PLD for the month up to your release date then you would indeed be entitled. You have 60 days to appeal with the lawyers from time of payment so I would be getting on that asap. I know others have stated they were recieving other allowances at time of release but SISIP somehow missed those allowances so it is important you get the documents and contact the lawyers if you think this is the case.
I will do just that! Thanks for the advice. It's funny how I just assume anything on paper is correct. I see my release docs, it has a number, and that number perfectly matches what my pay out was. But if my release doc erroneously omitted my PLD than we certainly have an issue. Again, thanks.

Back