• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

It can take a while but eventually the Forces of Light will overcome the Forces of Darkness.

This is but one instance. A damn good start.

In the meantime, it's a good opportunity to see who comes out of the woodwork on the 'crazy terrorist supporter' side and start making lists - for later ;)

Tell Me More To Do List GIF by Disney Channel

I mean I guess the petition is the right choice. We don't need any new laws; expressing "hatred" is not in itself hate speech (but tell that to the far left), but rather an actual call for violence is. So, those chants should be treated as hate speech already. A generic antisemitic chant like "I hate Jews", "All Jews are evil", or "Israel is a genocidal state", etc, aren't hate speech.

Holy shit.

Here’s the full ICC announcement listing all the specific counts in question. Statement of ICC Prosecutor Karim A.A. Khan KC: Applications for arrest warrants in the situation in the State of Palestine ...
Meanwhile, here in Canada ....
1716320510040.png
... versus the U.S.

View attachment 85351
... versus the U.S.
Definitely a “fuuuuuuuuuuuuck…” situation for Global Affairs.

My substack feed is full of pro Israeli posts. I have a couple of questions.

Did the IDF find a bunch of tunnels connecting Gaza to Egypt?
Is the number of civilian deaths much lower than what the Gazans are reporting?
Was there a bunch of resorts of the Mediterranean Coast pre Oct 6?
Is the reports of mass famine overblown?

I mean I guess the petition is the right choice. We don't need any new laws; expressing "hatred" is not in itself hate speech (but tell that to the far left), but rather an actual call for violence is. So, those chants should be treated as hate speech already. A generic antisemitic chant like "I hate Jews", "All Jews are evil", or "Israel is a genocidal state", etc, aren't hate speech.
Totally agree, I am already uncomfortable with the idea of "Hate speech laws" and don't want to see any further creep. Even if it's applied to a group I despise.

View attachment 85351
... versus the U.S.
typical of this GoC. It is very similar to McKenzie - King and his walking a tightrope. Weasel.

MK actually thought Hitler was harmless.

I find it sad that PM Trudeau has characterized the push for a warrant to arrest as “not helpful”. Even he recognizes this as a stupid stunt by the ICC prosecutor, but in reality it’s really “not helpful” to Trudeau who is being pressured to endorse the attempt, and he probably will at some point. Because: votes.

I find it sad that PM Trudeau has characterized the push for a warrant to arrest as “not helpful”. Even he recognizes this as a stupid stunt by the ICC prosecutor, but in reality it’s really “not helpful” to Trudeau who is being pressured to endorse the attempt, and he probably will at some point. Because: votes.

He didn’t say “not helpful” unless you saw that somewhere else. What he said:

"I've said from the very beginning how important it is that everyone respect and abide by international law… What I will say is troubling, though, is the sense of an equivalency between the democratically elected leaders of Israel and the bloodthirsty terrorists that lead up Hamas. I don't think that's helpful”

Source with video: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-government-reacts-icc-arrest-warrants-1.7210073

"I've said from the very beginning how important it is that everyone respect and abide by international law… What I will say is troubling, though, is the sense of an equivalency between the democratically elected leaders of Israel and the bloodthirsty terrorists that lead up Hamas. I don't think that's helpful”
"troubling" and "I don't think that's helpful" are pretty weak words to use but overall that's a solid observation from the PM.

Back