• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Zombies, Run! Running app and zombie survial game

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in using an intuitive running app that also doubles as a zombie survival game you should check out Zombies, Run! for the iphone and Android.

I've never used running apps before so this stuff could all be common dog for apps but I found this one was really well done.

The premise is that a zombie apocalypse has broken out and you are "Runner 5", some dude who was shot down in a helicopter on your way to a remote town and now you're one of the towns runners who is tasked to go out and collect supplies.

Turn your phones GPS (or motion sensor cogitator) on and start running.  The program logs how far you run, how long you run for, your pace and a few other things.  You can synchronize to a website and upload your runs with all the time/distance data but you can also turn on a function that lets you see (a la a google maps type set up) the path you actually ran overlayed a satellite image including where you hit each KM.  You can choose to share your time and distance and even maps of your routes with people you add to your network or just record it for yourself.

As you're running there is commentary by a half dozen or so actors playing various personalities from the township.  each run/mission has them expanding the story line a but with songs from your playlist playing in between.  You set missions to last 30 minutes or an hour, after the end of the mission you can continue to run with a "radio mode" enabled which is more random commentary with sound tracks mixed in. It sounds goofy but it's actually very well done.

Lastly the supplies you're collecting while out for runs isn't notional. You collect supplies for the base building portion.  Hard to explain but there's a base you can build and add on to. Collect enough supplies and you can build hospitals, radio towers, housing, playgrounds, stuff like that. And each building has upgrades you can add which raise morale etc..

They have some pretty cool achievements you can unlock.  Running a 10, 8 and 5 minute mile. 5km, 10 km.  25km in a week etc..
http://zombiesrun.wikia.com/wiki/Achievements

There is even a couch to 5km trainer and a function with zombie horde chases. As you're running a horde starts chasing you and you need to physically pick up your pace for a bit or you get caught and loose a bunch of supplies.

It's worth checking out.

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

I've been using this and I love it.  I've got crap motivation for running when I don't have anyone to exercise with, but wanting the next bit of the story gets me out every time.

I used it last year for ironman work up training. Awesome way to pass the time. Only wish they would modify the program to allow 'episodes' to auto play back to back.

I bought the basic one....and wow.....I'm 57 in years but about 12 mentally.....17 on a mature day.

LCISindenial said:
I used it last year for ironman work up training. Awesome way to pass the time. Only wish they would modify the program to allow 'episodes' to auto play back to back.

Email them. Couldn't hurt, and maybe they'll add it as a feature in a future update.

Jim Seggie said:
I bought the basic one....and wow.....I'm 57 in years but about 12 mentally.....17 on a mature day.

You mean on a bad day right:)  17 is too close to being an adult.

I was surprised when I was checking my stats to see I've ran 200kms and in achievements that I can a 5 minute mile.

Just downladded it yesterday and I love it. Makes running more fun than just listening to music.
Still waiting to get my call from the Reserves in the new year and I find this more helpful at pushing me to be faster and run more the just trying tout push myself.

It's a great app, I was hooked on the story when it said 'you have collected : (1) first aid kit, (1) 9mm pistol, (1) flashlight, & (2) sports bras'

Gotta support my man boobs ; )

HAHAHAHA I am currently downloading it...It sounds like a blast LOL

I've used it a long time ago, only downside is if you're running in an urban environment, you'll fail some objectives because of stop lights cars etc.

Back