• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your pick for MND

Who would be YOUR pick for Minister of National Defence, if the post were suddenly available?

• Don Cherry (Hockey God)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Peter Worthington (Writer and ex-PPCLI)

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • John McCallum (former MND)

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Julian Fantino (Toronto Police Chief)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Ricky, Julian, and/or Bubbles (Trailer Park Boys)

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Paul Tracy (Scarborough boy, and racecar driver)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Smith (aka Red Green)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Carrie-Anne Moss (Harcore agent-kicker Trinity from The Matrix, and BC native)

• Stompin' Tom

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Marc Garneau (First Cdn Astronaut, RMC graduate and ex-Navy officer)

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Lewis McKenzie (former General)

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Romeo Dallaire (former General)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

portcullisguy

Inactive
Reaction score
It would, of course, be 'disloyal' for a member of the CF to suggest our newly-minted MND, The Hon. Bill Graham, were not up to the task...  ;)

... however, the thread on Worthington's article got me thinking: Who WOULD be a good choice for the post?

Lew MacKenzie would be my personal choice.

Slim :cdn: :salute:

Of course!  How could I have left him off!  I'll add him and Romeo Dallaire as well.

I am in full agreement with Slim, Lew MacKenzie all the way.

However, it'd be funny to see Ricky, Julian and Bubbles doing an inspection on the troops. Ricky telling the Queen to F%^& off, Julian setting up crime rings withing the CF, the possibilities are endless!!

scott1nsh said:
I am in full agreement with Slim, Lew MacKenzie all the way.

However, it'd be funny to see Ricky, Julian and Bubbles doing an inspection on the troops. Ricky telling the Queen to F%^& off, Julian setting up crime rings withing the CF, the possibilities are endless!!

lol rum and coke all day long!

I voted for John McCallum because when he was the Minister previously, he did the job right.  Sure, he had no military background, and he made some mistakes along the way, but who doesn't?  He didn't try to sugar-coat the state of affairs that the military is in, he actually researched his role.  Look at all the good he did for Veteran's affairs.  Everyone gave him a hard time but he still works hard at whatever role he finds himself in. 
Lew MacKenzie had his good points, he is a very smart man, but admit it, most of you only really like him because he speaks against the Government much of the time. 
Peter Worthington....I don't agree with everything he says, but he might make a good politician.

Could be Doug, could be

...But you've gotta admit that the MND comes across as nothing more than a lackey for the people in power. And whenever we get an MND that knows the job, he gets replaced...What kind of message does that send?!

Slim :cdn:

Totally true for when Cretien was the boss, all he was concerned about was holding onto his power for as long as he could by keeping his ministers in the line of fire and not himself.

Crap, the former generals get added after I've voted of course.

MacKenzie for MND, Dallaire for Governor General.

Of the Liberal MP options, I'd have gone for McCallum.  Same reasons as Doug.  He did not know much but he tried, he learned, and he seemed to give a damn.

However, I'm all for Gen MacKenzie as MND (if not PM)

is it too late to vote for Anne Murray?....Oh, I'm sorry, is this not the Canadain SIngers and Songwriters Hall of Fame vote?????  What day is it? Whos' running the millitary this week? Where am I???.....Norht of 60? Phew...am I EVER glad for that.

Back