• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Favorite Military Video Game

S

SoldierBoi69

Ya its another one of these favorite things, just post your favorite military (army, navy, air force, and special operations) game, and a little about it (including features and faults).

SE4.jpg

Mine is Sniper Elite, it puts you in the position of an OSS sniper disguised as a German SS sharpshooter in battle torn Berlin as it falls into Russian hands, the good thing about the game is that it takes the principals of marksmanship into the game including windage, elevation, body position, and even breathing. It even gives you the ability to hold your breath to steady your aim. The only fault I found about this game is that it only has three different sniper rifles, and only one of them are German (not including the famous Kar98k), the game has the Gewehr 43, the Tokarev SVT, and the Mosin Nagant (and it works unrealistic, as in the bolt works semi-auto). Besides the fact of sniper rifles, there are also a few submachine guns (including the PPSH41, and the MP-40), machine guns (the Degtyarev DP DPM, and the legendary HITLER'S BUZZSAW MG-42), oh and you get a little silenced Walther P-38. Well its still my favorite, now tell me yours.

MUDCRUNCHER  :cdn: :salute: :cdn:

My favourite is Splinter Cell...which one? ALL OF THEM  ;D

Fault: You cant do what YOU want to do to accomplish the mission you have to do it THEIR way...sounds like being on a course eh? Also some missions are too similar in nature and can get extremely repetetive...

PROS: Game play and graphics are neat, realistic and overall great.

I have Microsoft's 'Close Combat' from my high school years.  I used to love that game, and though I've declared myself 'too old' (ie. need more time getting fit than sitting on my duff) for video games, I'd play it if it worked on my computer.  I loved how you could participate as either side, and often suckered many a naive American with my well placed MG42 sections.  >:D

I was a teacher in a boys' boarding school this past year, so lots of games were bootlegged and passed around, with the boys playing multiplayer on the school's network as well.  I successfully managed to politely refuse their requests for me to join the in the multiplayer hunts with 'Call Of Duty.'  Though one kid installed it on my computer for me and I gave the first few missions a go on 'easy' until I deleted it.  :)    (It was fun, and I was impressed how far games have come since I was in high school and played often.  I was also impressed with the detail of some historical missions/locations.)

The commercials for the new Splinter Cell - Double Agent look good.

Nieghorn said:
I have Microsoft's 'Close Combat' from my high school years.  I used to love that game, and though I've declared myself 'too old' (ie. need more time getting fit than sitting on my duff) for video games, I'd play it if it worked on my computer.  I loved how you could participate as either side, and often suckered many a naive American with my well placed MG42 sections.   >:D
You are NEVER too old for Close Combat!  I have CC2 (A bridge too far) and CC3 (The Russian Front).  I like CC2 better, but CC3 is good too :D
I almost failed 3rd year at university because of that game (rather, my unhealthy addiction to it!)  I still have them and I still play them.

Perhaps an online game sometime?

Panzer General II.  Are there no more turn-based strategy games being made?

The best things in life are free.  Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. But Call of Duty, and the Battlefield series are hits, too.

Day of Defeat, bar none. Though I do enjoy the SOCOM series every now and then...

RangerRay said:
Panzer General II.  Are there no more turn-based strategy games being made?
See my thread re: Squad Leader.  Ever play that game?  Other than Steel Panthers (What an excellent game that is!), Virtual Squad Leader is an excellent way to play at the pace of a boardgame!

America's Army, a fully free, wholly online multiplayer experience.  Look it up and try it out, it's a free download, takes a few hours.  Some of the best graphics around (we aren't comparing to Splinter Cell here).  I haven't played since the new version was released because of school and all, but I am looking at playing again next semester (more free time).  Up until the recent release, the only mode of play was against other online gamers, the new release incorporated some missions with AI.  Realism has always been somewhat of a factor in the game, and it kind of helps that the game is put out by the U.S. Army for informative/general interest purposes.  Check it out.

von garin, sorry, for some reason it won't work on my computer . . . and I'm not sure my current dial-up can handle it.  :)

Third World War SEGA CD 

This game was fantastic, it was set in the 90's as that is when it was released. 

Played all three SP games. Liked 1 and 2, but didn't enjoy 3. Didn't like the size of the units. I prefered the individual rather than Pl/Tp. There are newer updated versions of SP out there that are free downloads. If any one is interested, I can find the links.

Also play alot of Call of Duty (all three). It is the only FPS that I enjoy.

I vote Call of Duty 2 or Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (he's secret service, close enough).

Medal of Honor for being a section commander (squad leader) but as a first person shooter Call of Duty 2 (Xbox 360) online, there is nothing even close.

Back