• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your daily 'thing to be afraid of'

Between all the Covid nonsense...

Sending plane shipments of much needed PPE - only to find the planes empty...

Secretly buying up all of the PPE in Canada using groups of Chinese 'civilian agents' collecting the PPE & shipping it back to China at the direction of consulates

Taking a number of westerners hostage under the guise of being arrested as criminals, and holding them in harsh conditions with no chance of a fair hearing

Stealing classified and secret info on the F-35 and other projects (in all fairness, Lockheed probably shouldn't have posted them online...ugh),

Having Chinese agents trying to influence local and federal politics, and Chinese cyber-assets testing their abilities to shut down critical infrastructure here in NA. (Banking, water treatment plant in Florida, possible connection to a power outage last year in the US, etc)

^^ All things considered, giant parts of a rocket plummeting into us in an uncontrolled manner is probably the least shadiest thing China has done in recent memory

And don't even get me started on ENGLISH muffins!

Now, these are English muffins

cgirls1.jpg

That settles it - I'm never going to Egypt, or believe a MGEN ;)

Scorpions flood Egyptian villages after storm, sting and hospitalize hundreds​

Deadly scorpions stung more than 500 people in southern Egypt.

Scorpions that were flushed from their underground desert homes by recent storms have stung more than 500 people in the governorate of Aswan, in southern Egypt.

Several days of hail, rainfall and flooding in the region displaced scorpions from their burrows and swept them into close contact with people, according to the Egypt-based news organization Mada. The storms also destroyed buildings, washed out roads, uprooted trees and cut off electricity in parts of Aswan, according to Mada.

Hundreds of those who were stung required hospitalization, and three of those people died on Nov. 13; however, Aswan Gov. Major-General Ashraf Attiya and the acting health minister denied that those deaths were caused by scorpion stings, Mada reported.

Scorpions flood Egyptian villages after storm, sting and hospitalize hundreds

That settles it - I'm never going to Egypt, or believe a MGEN ;)

Scorpions flood Egyptian villages after storm, sting and hospitalize hundreds​

Deadly scorpions stung more than 500 people in southern Egypt.

Scorpions that were flushed from their underground desert homes by recent storms have stung more than 500 people in the governorate of Aswan, in southern Egypt.
Brendan Fraser and The Rock will be next in Egypt.....

Just in case you didn't have enough to be worried about.

You're welcome ;)

Analysis: Contrary to popular belief, Eastern Canada is more at risk of earthquakes than perceived

Most Canadians believe that the greatest national risk of a devastating earthquake lies in British Columbia.

The whole Pacific northwest coast, with its rugged topography and history of the San Francisco and Los Angeles earthquakes farther south, is what typically comes to mind when we talk about the “big one” that has yet to hit. We want to change that perception while there’s time.

A closer look at the complex factors at play, both under and on the Earth’s surface, shows that some of the worst risk is actually where Canadians are probably least expecting it: in a zone running from the Great Lakes to the St. Lawrence River that includes major cities like Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa, Montréal and Québec City.

Analysis: Contrary to popular belief, Eastern Canada is more at risk of earthquakes than perceived

Meh. They happen all the time in Eastern Ontario. I’ve needed two hands to count the good ones. About half and half, good translational rockers and short vertical hops. Not sure who McMaster polled, but people who are at least remotely aware of their surrounding no that Canadian Shield is a good bump zone…

Probably some more proxy dissing of others by the ‘not going to happen here’ crowd in BC. 😉

Insert comments about 'fault lines' around the Ottawa River here:

😁

Just in case you didn't have enough to be worried about.

You're welcome ;)

Most Canadians believe that the greatest national risk of a devastating earthquake lies in British Columbia.

The whole Pacific northwest coast, with its rugged topography and history of the San Francisco and Los Angeles earthquakes farther south, is what typically comes to mind when we talk about the “big one” that has yet to hit. We want to change that perception while there’s time.

A closer look at the complex factors at play, both under and on the Earth’s surface, shows that some of the worst risk is actually where Canadians are probably least expecting it: in a zone running from the Great Lakes to the St. Lawrence River that includes major cities like Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa, Montréal and Québec City.

This happened when I was in St Jean on my French course: https://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/earthquakes-and-tsunamis-quebec-shaken

At first we thought there was a big party going on in the Mega we weren't invited to...

This happened when I was in St Jean on my French course: https://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/earthquakes-and-tsunamis-quebec-shaken

At first we thought there was a big party going on in the Mega we weren't invited to...

I was in the Officers Mess at Uplands having a nice single malt when the shaking started. While we had no problems holding on to our glasses, the tremors knocked glassware and a few bottles off the backbar, including the bottle of whiskey I was sampling.

I was in the Officers Mess at Uplands having a nice single malt when the shaking started. While we had no problems holding on to our glasses, the tremors knocked glassware and a few bottles off the backbar, including the bottle of whiskey I was sampling.
Alcohol abuse.

Back