• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Young Commissionaires!!! How come these able people are not in the CF?

NCRCrow

Inactive
Reaction score
I find it weird to see younger people as a Commissionaire's, manning posts in here in the NCR and NDHQ.

Before everybody attacks me (you can attack if u wish), I have nothing against the corp!

Why not join up!!! See the world and make some decent coin!

Crow

Hey - I'm still waiting! I've been employed here in the GSH in Shilo since last February and since last August I've been waiting for them to hurry up and take me!

Believe me ... after working here for so long, I am waiting every single day for my call (the final stage of this process is both the best and worst because of the anticipation)

It's entirely possible they're reservists or ex serving members.
If I remember correctly that's one of the pre requisites for being a Commissionaire, though law enforcement experience is too I believe.

Love the corps though, my uncle is a great burly welshman and he's a commissionaire.

Apparently now the Commissionares are recruiting spouses and family members of ex CF members, RCMP and Police members as well (spouses/family of).  The numbers were getting low so they opened the ranks up to others as well.  There were a couple of family members on my Commissionaire course a few years ago.

My first job out of university was with the Commissionaires; six months as a security guard. I was still in the Militia at the time.

A friend of mine is making a career out of parking control with the Corps, been in for probably close to 10 years now - bit of a waste as he has brains, but no formal education.  I've lost touch so it is possible he is out now, but he is younger than I am and was in the Militia for a few years before that.

Forum:
I am not dissing anybody from working.(Far from it)

I just see these men and women in there 20's, working long hours for a average wage in a mind numbing job.

Could u imagine 12 hours at NDHQ parking lot--moving a car back and forth.......

I know everybody is in unique situations (family, school, job etc) but it boggles my mind to see a 20 year old desk/parking attendant.

I feel like marching them down to the recruiting center for an appointment.

WE COULD USE U!

From what I was told the corp was opened up to anyone. We had a few of them do security for the call center i used to work at and one of them had no affiliation to anyone in the service.

Back