• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know the army is getting into your brain when...

You are the expert when it comes to fitting as much as possible into a bag or the back of your families vehicle.

Must resist the urge to come to attention with a right foot slam when coming to the door of any of the bosses.

-You end any explanation or instruction with the words, "DO THIS NOW".

-You, (without even thinking about it), reach out to straighten your buddy's collar, and tell them they look like a "bag of crap".

-Your spouse/kid/friend....etc drops something, and the only thing you say is, "get a grip on your kit".

-You get pissed when you see a guy wearing a hat in a restaurant.

-You are beside yourself with disbelief when it takes people more than 7 minutes to finish a meal.

NinerSix said:
Must resist the urge to come to attention with a right foot slam when coming to the door of any of the bosses.
After 25+ yrs it was the hardest thing for me to un-learn, not the coming to attention but just the simple fact that I could go see my boss whenever I had something I needed to discuss with them. Not my direct super then his then someone else would talk to the Boss, just me, straight up the hallway and into the office, still feels kinda weird!

Hammer Sandwich said:
-You end any explanation or instruction with the words, "DO THIS NOW".

-You, (without even thinking about it), reach out to straighten your buddy's collar, and tell them they look like a "bag of crap".

-Your spouse/kid/friend....etc drops something, and the only thing you say is, "get a grip on your kit".

-You get pissed when you see a guy wearing a hat in a restaurant.

-You are beside yourself with disbelief when it takes people more than 7 minutes to finish a meal.

Full-on +1!!
:warstory:
I was coaching a kids soccer team a few years ago and I guess I was slipping into NCO mode, absolutely spontaneously they all snapped to attention and saluted me. Parents thought it was hilarious (because coaching minor soccer is a spectator sport ya know!)

My addition to the thread -
You point at something with your entire hand and when you're getting pissed off trying to explain something that your pointing at, with your entire hand, you **** your trigger finger back and start to quake from your finger tips to your arm pit trying not to drive the point home with a little physical reinforcement!

Seriously?  The PC cop software X's-out the reference to a rooster used in proper context???

Nothing is ever good, or acceptable, or great.  It's "outstanding", if it isn't outstanding its not good enough.

If it isn't outstanding you expect someone to be doing at least 25 push-ups

NinerSix said:

Nevermind the boss, I STILL feel a particular urge sometimes to Halt! -2-3-1! then salute when I approach a water fountain! :warstory:  (Cornwallis CRSE 7836.)

You see a biker in a helmet and your trigger finger twitches. Then you realize it's his helmet silhouette.

WWIISilhouette.jpg

jemcgrg said:
My three roommates are in the military and polish their boots every day. Am I the only one who likes the smell of boot polish?

Nahh.. it doesn't feel like home if there isn't the smell of boot polish in the air. Or stuff isn't held together with gun tape.

When you can recite all 154 of Murphy's Military laws... Like #87

"You will always lose a battle if the CO is watching."

When you take your brand new "field hot beverage container" (aka Tim Horton's thermos or the like), and wrap it in gun tape, so it's more "tactical".  :camo:

When you ALWAYS use military time and get annoyed at people who don't

For the ladies - When you have a tube of camouflage face paint in your make up bag  ;D

You attract attention at the local sports field when your kids run full tilt down the length of the top row of the bleachers and launch themselves head first into space (to be caught by you) screaming 'AIIIIRRRRBORRRNNNEE!!!!

When you put them down you direct them to 'recover'.

Other people's kids whine to their parents that they want to do the same thing. They look at you like you're insane then lead them off to somewhere safer.

Pussies.

You're a member of a military internet forum. And you've never even been in the ******* army.

daftandbarmy said:

Other people's kids whine to their parents that they want to do the same thing. They look at you like you're insane then lead them off to somewhere safer.

:rofl:

Too true.....people often look at me like I've got dicks growing out of my eye sockets when I'm speaking to my kid, but I find simple, to the point directions to be much more useful, and effective when dealing with kids.

daftandbarmy said:
You attract attention at the local sports field when your kids run full tilt down the length of the top row of the bleachers and launch themselves head first into space (to be caught by you) screaming 'AIIIIRRRRBORRRNNNEE!!!!

Pussies.
My (then) 4 yr old daughter took a flying leap off the top of the stairs into my sister-in-law's arms screaming like a banshee all the way. My sister-in-law was not expecting such behaviour form a demure (ya right!) little  4 yr old however she caught her. My daughter was giggling and my sister-in-law was freaking out!!
What my sis-in-law didn't know was that my daughter and I had been practicing this since she could walk. One step, two steps etc until she could nail it off of the top of the stairs.
Maybe we're all a little touched  but I wouldn't change a thing.

BernDawg said:
My (then) 4 yr old daughter took a flying leap off the top of the stairs into my sister-in-law's arms screaming like a banshee all the way. My sister-in-law was not expecting such behaviour form a demure (ya right!) little  4 yr old however she caught her. My daughter was giggling and my sister-in-law was freaking out!!
What my sis-in-law didn't know was that my daughter and I had been practicing this since she could walk. One step, two steps etc until she could nail it off of the top of the stairs.
Maybe we're all a little touched  but I wouldn't change a thing.
There's no greater feeling for a father than watching the smile on your child's face grow until it can't get any bigger as they exercise complete trust in their "daddy"

A small piece of my wife dies every time my daughter jumps from step 4..

We'll see how things go when she drags her brother up the first tree ;D

When you yell "Deploy! Deploy! Deploy!" when you want your kids to get out of the vehicle in a hurry.

When, after buckling the kids in their car seats, you accidentally leave the van doors open and your CF member spouse asks you as he backs out of the driveway "What?! Are they helicopter gunners now?"

Your entire family answers the phone saying "Send" instead of "Hello".

CdnArtyWife said:
When you yell "Deploy! Deploy! Deploy!" when you want your kids to get out of the vehicle in a hurry.

Excellent. My preferred phrase is 'Down Ramp, Out Troops!'. At least they'll be checked out in case we need to go on holiday by Landing Craft.

Back