• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yay!

Got my phone call this morning only. They must of had a selection board between 15th of September and today, cause I got a job offer for PPCLI..and I go to basic October 31st - Feb 3rd.

Fry said:
Yay!!! I'm sworn in!

A ton of paperwork though. Any of you with NRTD Borden instructions, did they tell ya what to do with the last sheet of paper? It's a form, but I'm not sure if it goes faxed or handed in. I've heard it goes handed in, but it says fax it prior to the trip to Borden.

The feeling couldn't be described. I'm a private! A recruit private, but a private nonetheless.
Is it a yellow folded sheet, because that was a ethnicity survey, and it was to be handed in to your file manager

cgyflames01 said:
Is it a yellow folded sheet, because that was a ethnicity survey, and it was to be handed in to your file manager

No, it's just a normal white sheet.

The reason I didn't ask the clerks at the CFRC, was because it totally slipped my mind, but I will call them regarding the matter. Just wondering if any of you had the sheet attached to your instructions. One individual who had the same set of instructions as myself, did not have the sheet.

I was told by my RO to bring all that paperwork with you to Borden which includes the Transportation Itinerary, moving expense claim, supplementary death benefits plan, security clearance form, and the personal emergency notification. Nothing gets faxed, everything gets brought with you to Borden. This is what I was told anyway. Hope this helps. Cheers.  :salute:

:cdn:

Awesome. I'll go check out and make sure I have all of those forms. They gave me a big-ass booklet to fill out, so I'll get to that.

I filled out most of that stuff at the CFRC though, I think.

Fry, keep track of times you leave/arrive and mode of transport to fill in on those travel sheets. For example, if you take a cab from your house to the airport, then a plane to Toronto, then military transport to Borden. Keep track of when you departed your house/arrived at airport/left airport/arrived in Toronto/left Toronto airport/arrived at Base Borden. Keep receipts if you have any for taxi, etc. Then it all gets turned in at Borden.

Good luck!

Bradboy said:
   I was told by my RO to bring all that paperwork with you to Borden which includes the Transportation Itinerary, moving expense claim, supplementary death benefits plan, security clearance form, and the personal emergency notification. Nothing gets faxed, everything gets brought with you to Borden. This is what I was told anyway. Hope this helps. Cheers.   :salute:

:cdn:

Supplementary death benefits plan? I don't think they gave me that. Also, I don't think they gave me a personal emergency notification, however I did fill out a bunch of things at the CFRC with respect to death benefits, will, etc... as well as the personal emergency notification. They took that when I filled it out.      I do have a couple of copies of the itinerary, I have the big moving expense claim form and the security clearance form(Booklet).

I don't really have anything filled out for the moving expense claim. Should I? I'm not moving anything to Borden.

Okay.  For about the millionth time now.  Unless you are the clerk at the recruiting centre quit speculating on the paperwork!  Paperwork needs to be filled out properly and you WILL have to redo it if it is wrong.  IF you have a question about your enrolment package, phone the recruiting centre and talk to the clerk there.  Listening to another Pte is NOT going to get you the right answer 99% of the time!

Back