• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

yarmouth artillery

Devin

Inactive
Reaction score
i would like to know what the training is like and what the training day during the week is

The training on tuesday nights from 7-10 is generally a good time. It's somewhat laid back, but we also get the work done that needs to be.

Im in the same boat as Devin actully... and do you do the weekday work while your on BMQ too?

And could you tell me what kinda stuff does get done? It would be GREAT for any help...

Thanks all  :salute:

If you're doing a weekend BMQ, yes you would still attend the weekly training nights. The extra 3 hours is nothing to worry about though, and would be considerably more relaxed than BMQ.

As for "what stuff gets done", that would depend on whether you are a new Private, or one of the trained Gunners. As a new recruit, you would participate in drill, lectures, etc as all of the soldiers would, but when the Gunners are working with the 105mm Howitzer, you may be watching and learning, or working on other jobs that need to get done.

That was my position from November '04 to the beginning of this summer, it's a good time.

Thanks for the info... thatll be a nice break from BMQ in the middle of the week hopefully!

Yes it should...how far through the joining process are you?

Waiting for word from the MED guys in Ottowa at the moment... hoping it comes back all clear and soon  :salute:

Once you complete the application and turn it in, you should get called in maybe a couple weeks, maybe a month, shouldn't be more than 2 months. All depends.

Devin said:
yes yarmouth n.s

That is interesting, hubby and I are both from the Valley, and neither of us realized that there was an Arty Res Unit there... :-[

Goes to show you, you learn something new everyday! ^-^

There sure is.. 84th Independent Field Battery, 1 FD Regt.

I'd say as a whole we get along well with the West Novies  :)

What's this?  Canada's last Coastal Artillery Battery?  Gonna interdict the Bar Harbour ferry?

;D

Tom

Another question, after the application has been completed and the CFRC calls whats next?

When CFRC calls, they're most likely informing you of when you have an appointment for testing (interview, aptitude, medical, possibly physical) once you complete these tests, it should be a short number of weeks, assuming you do fine, before you'd be coming in to the unit to be sworn in as a member.

Do you guys do the step test or the 2.4 km run please describe

When I joined, last November, I had to do the step test (I did my physical fitness test at the local YMCA)

It was just about 5 or 6 minutes of stepping up and down a small set of stairs (2 or 3 steps up against a wall)
It was done to music that got a little faster as it went along.

Back