• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

xBox 360 question

Mike Baker

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Okay, so I decided that I was going to put some songs on my 360 just then, so I got a good cd to rip onto the hard drive, and out of the 23 songs there, only 8 went on. I have no clue to why. Anyone want to help this simple mind? ;D

It's broken.  Sell it to me for $50 and get rid of it!! Definitely defective.

Not at all... but since yours is obviously broken, I'll take it off your hands!

Some of the songs may be protected due to Napster and other softwares out on the market. It's one way how some artist will protect some of their music.

PS Add me to your buddy list on Xbox.

Could it be that the songs on the CD are a different format or something like that? (I.E. The Xbox only accepts a Mp3 file and the some of the files are ACC or Protected ACC?)

Just a thought

Hodgson92

Hodgson92 said:
Could it be that the songs on the CD are a different format or something like that? (I.E. The Xbox only accepts a Mp3 file and the some of the files are ACC or Protected ACC?)

Just a thought

Hodgson92
Pretty sure that their all MP3's.

Mr Plow said:
Some of the songs may be protected due to Napster and other softwares out on the market. It's one way how some artist will protect some of their music.

PS Add me to your buddy list on Xbox.
I sure will, once I get my xBox live card. The free month is up now :(

EDIT: Do one of you Mod's think you could move this to the Gaming, Models and Re-Enactment Forum?

I don't understand all those funny terms, Xbox, CD, Mp3, Napster, you kids.  ;D

Personally I find the best way to pay music or any media on the 360 is to use the built in media player and connect it through to the libraries on your PC. You need to have a copy of windows media player and select to share your libraries, once you have done this you can watch movies, listen to music, or view photos streamed from your PC.

Lang75 said:
Personally I find the best way to pay music or any media on the 360 is to use the built in media player and connect it through to the libraries on your PC. You need to have a copy of windows media player and select to share your libraries, once you have done this you can watch movies, listen to music, or view photos streamed from your PC.
Never done that yet. Might have to tinker with it soon enough then.

Yep, first make sure you have the latest version of media player, then on your xbox select the media center feature. It will likely give you a code to right down but you may not need it. Next click the library tab and select sharing, there should be an Xbox icon. After that you should be able to use the media center feature to play music or stream videos.

And for those of you with a PS3, Tversity does the same thing to stream to your PS...

Back