• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WTB asap: Small Pack System, Gerber Knife, Sweat Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeko07

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm de-listing after 2.5 yrs of service so it's now time to return my kit, unfortunately my small pack seems to have run away from me... (I mainly used my ruck instead)..

I'm looking to buy:

-Small Pack (preferably with the pouches too)
-Gerber All in one pocket knife
-1 Zip-up sweat shirt (I have to double check if I have one or not)

Or, if anyone knows the model of the gerber used I guess I could look for one at wal-mart..

Also, can anyone tell me how similar this small pack is to the issued one, it looks almost the same accept for the green liner straps, the issued one is black strapping I think:
http://www.globalarmysurplus.com/en/patrol-backpack-canadian-force.html

**UPDATE: found one that looks to be the exact small pack system.. wow took a full day of searching various variations of "small pack" lol:
http://www.surpluspontrouge.com/en/packs/backpacks/rucksack-cdn-army/cadpat-canadian-digital/
-beats paying the $270 the army charges!

Would it even be possible to return an item bought of the net that wasn't issued to me?

Let me know please including price willing to sell via pm, or email.

Located in Hamilton, Ontario
willing to buy from anywhere in Canada, and I have paypal.

thanks

And what says that you return that cheap knock off to QM, and it ends up on the back of one of your freinds that deploys to Afghanistan?  And what say that cheap bag falls apart during one of your friends patrols cause he has loaded with water, rats and ammo for a 2-day patrol to go find some insurgents hiding in the mountains?  And what say because that bag fell apart the mission is scrapped and those insurgents are the cause of an attack further in the week that kills several people on an outpost?

I know this sounds silly, but there is a reason for the cost of the equipment we use, it's because it is NOT cheap!!  You lost it, man up and pay for it!!  I have issues with the fact that you lost a small pack.  I mean, how does one do that?

Zip up sweatshirt?  What's that?

I would seriously reconsider your post as there are many people on this forum that won't take too kindly to what you are thinking of doing, and the legality of it.

My 2 cents...

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Supply isn't going to accept "knock-off" items for return.

If your small pack really "ran away" from you, submit a LSDR.  Otherwise, pay the cost.

Zip-up sweatshirt?  The thermal under garment maybe?  I don't think that's a returnable item as it's next to skin wear.  But, I could be wrong......

Moe,

I think that even if the item is "disposable" you still have to show up with it to be told to keep it...

greek,

LSDR is a "lost damage report" meaning you declare that you lost the item, and explain all the details then your chain of command decides whether or not you should pay or the crown will cover it.

I was going to wish you good luck but am not sure how I feel about your intent so I'll just say happy hunting.

greeko07 said:
Hey all,

I'm de-listing after 2.5 yrs of service so it's now time to return my kit, unfortunately my small pack seems to have run away from me... (I mainly used my ruck instead)..

I'm looking to buy:

-Small Pack (preferably with the pouches too)
-Gerber All in one pocket knife
-1 Zip-up sweat shirt (I have to double check if I have one or not)

Or, if anyone knows the model of the gerber used I guess I could look for one at wal-mart..

Also, can anyone tell me how similar this small pack is to the issued one, it looks almost the same accept for the green liner straps, the issued one is black strapping I think:
http://www.globalarmysurplus.com/en/patrol-backpack-canadian-force.html

**UPDATE: found one that looks to be the exact small pack system.. wow took a full day of searching various variations of "small pack" lol:
http://www.surpluspontrouge.com/en/packs/backpacks/rucksack-cdn-army/cadpat-canadian-digital/
-beats paying the $270 the army charges!

Would it even be possible to return an item bought of the net that wasn't issued to me?

Let me know please including price willing to sell via pm, or email.

Located in Hamilton, Ontario
willing to buy from anywhere in Canada, and I have paypal.

thanks

Like others have said...grow a set and man up to loosing the above mentioned items.....

Appreciate the comments.. from those who actually answered the questions and were helpful..

Am sorry to have left some bad feelings on here.. No need to get all aggressive?
There's a reason I ASKED "is it possible to return kit that was not originally issued"
Obviously it's not my intent to do something otherwise if I asked the question! All I wanted was opinions on certain things and I get lectures... And by the way to the guy who said how would I feel if an army comrad got a piece of equipment that wasnt original?? Uhhh well guess what obviously that would be the inspectors fault or the armys fault for not having new... In fact, the piece of kit that I return, whether it be original CF, or immitation would be NEW!

Man up? No need to remind me to man-up. Manning-up has nothing to do with my financials. Is it such a big deal I'm trying to save money in these hard times? Is that such a bad thing?  This is a ****** buy-sell-trade thread on an un-official army website..
Here's a tip: Pretty sure army kit ISN'T even Supposed to be re-sold over the internet.. wanna give lectures?

Also, It's quite clear I wasn't planning on buying a piece of kit that's not original CF gear.

greeko07 said:
Also, It's quite clear I wasn't planning on buying a piece of kit that's not original CF gear.
Really?  Wow, maybe I need to clean the cobwebs out of my head.....  ::)

Ne need for this to delve furthur into craphood......

Lad, your best bet is probably to take the advice you've been given, submit the paperwork and see what your COC decides.
If anyone has the proper items for sale that he is looking for then send him a PM.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back