• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Writing to the troops (merged)

milnewstbay said:
Sent off five care packages fulla magazines, Timmie's gift certificates and the like - saved TONS of cash (although one of the packages, for some glitchy reason, cost $1.06).  Works well!

Oh, that's the "send five dollars to N 45.537569 W 66.52470 tax."  Thanks for the contribution ;)

j/k

I'm sure your package will be well-received by the troops in theatre.

I'm sure looking forward to this when I send my X-mas package off next week. It's been sitting on my floor for a few days, just waiting for the last item to come. Its nice to know I can save that $10-15 of postage and spend more on actual items for him. Thank you Canada Post.  :)

Pea said:
Its nice to know I can save that $10-15 of postage and spend more on actual items for him. Thank you Canada Post.  :)

And THAT is how the savings will probably be spent, in most (but not all) cases.  (What?  No beer and popcorn? LOL)

von Garvin said:
And THAT is how the savings will probably be spent, in most (but not all) cases.  (What?  No beer and popcorn? LOL)

Christmas is about giving to others...  ;D

However me and my wife were at the post office today and they don't cover family members posted to britain.A young girl ahead of us was losing her mind over it.

099* said:
However me and my wife were at the post office today and they don't cover family members posted to britain.A young girl ahead of us was losing her mind over it.

Well both Canada Posts' New Release and the CF Message both clearly stated the free shipping pertained to personnel deployed on Operations overseas, and that the Operation had to be clearly identified on the parcel. Girls mom needs a kick in the butt for not reading.

MAYBE THIS ISNT A NEW BLOG OR SUBJECT, BUT DOES ANYONE OR ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY PEN PAL PROGRAMS FOR THE TROOPS SERVING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NO ONE TO WRITE TO OR WANT PEOPLE TO WRITE TO THEM???? :cdn:

Morale by Mail!
http://www.dnd.ca/site/Community/Messageboard/index_e.asp

Addresses for Overseas Operations
http://www.dnd.ca/site/Community/Messageboard/addresses_e.asp

WOW, THATS GREAT, THANK YOU SO MUCH... I WOULD RATHER SEND A LETTER BY MAIL TO SOMEONE ... SO IM GOIGN TO USE THE ADDRESS "ANY CANADIAN SOLDIER" THANKS FOR THE HELP, HAVE YOU WRITTEN TO ANYONE ?

When I was in Kandahar in 02, my SSM handed me an 'any Canadian soldier' letter stating "You are the only person in the Squadron old enough to write back to her."  Nice of 'im, what?  Anyway, I did and she did, etc., but not after I left.  I did not want to be on leave, lying on a beach near Thunder Bay, with my wife asking "Who are you writing, Dear?"

I want to write those who need someone to write to, someone to listen to them... i want to send happy news and what not... i dont know how to take your reply, but it seemed like you think i want a relationship.. which is far beyond anything

Good grief no, I didn't think that at all.  Just that a tour is usually six months, and a lot of guys who are asked to answer some of the letters will have real reasons not to carry on the correspondance after the tour. 

I am a civilian living in BC. I would like to mail some Christmas cards out to some soldiers in Afghanistan. I don't personally know any soldier, but would like to  send a little
thank-you, supportive message and a Christmas wish to a few soldiers just to let them know I care and support them.

Is there an address that I could send some cards to?
Maybe this info has been posted before, but I just signed up to the forum and couldn't find it.
If there is anyone out there that could provide me with this information I would be extremely grateful to you.

Thanks in advance !
Sharon

Now Sharon.......You've had an account since April.  You will find the information you want in the Topic that your question has been merged with.  If you have any further questions, you may want to try out the SEARCH Function.

There are also other topics on similar ideas elsewhere in the Home Front.

My sister wants to send a letter to a random soldier overseas for christmas. Preferably someone serving outside the wire, in a FOB or otherwise. Is there an address for this?

BKells said:
My sister wants to send a letter to a random soldier overseas for christmas. Preferably someone serving outside the wire, in a FOB or otherwise. Is there an address for this?

Address it to "Any Canadian INFANTRY Soldier" unless you have a specific unit in mind.

The Librarian said:
Well both Canada Posts' New Release and the CF Message both clearly stated the free shipping pertained to personnel deployed on Operations overseas, and that the Operation had to be clearly identified on the parcel. Girls mom needs a kick in the butt for not reading.

Postage to Alert was free somtimes... depending on the post-office... some accepted any mail adressed to Trenton, some wouldn't accept Alert because it was in Canada... a shame they've discontinued the practice at large since the holiday season is over.

And we'll lock this thread up now, because the free mail service with Canada Post ended in January. You can still drop off mail to overseas Ops and Alert at your nearest MFRC for free mailing.

Vern

Hello,

I tried the search function and found nothing of service to me.

I know this doenst really relate to pen pals in the sense but am wondering if there is anyone to write to in  terms of someone who is in the army and took a nursing course through the army and  any advice they have to share and etc??

Any ideas??

Thanks Melanie

Back