• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wrist Watch Recommendations - Merged Thread

Expedition is a great watch, I had mien for 8 years now.  5 batteries and 2 expedition watch bands later.

BYFROMSCHOOL said:
Need watch advice for BMQ:

1. Do recruits rely on their watch's alarm function during basic?
2. At 5:00 wake up for instance, does a recruit need their own alarm?
3. Can a recruit use a different alarm such as their phone or alarm clock as opposed to their watch's?

Reason I ask is because my watch is very simple and I like it that way:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B004KZ7W52

(Note: I didn't pay half that for mine)

Not that I wouldn't mind buying another cheap watch that goes beep-beep. I've just always used my phone to keep time, until I became a gentleman and started wearing a wrist watch.

Get a cheap alarm clock.

Hey,

I saw some posts about watches : alarms, brand, etc  My question is more basic than that. Do you wear needles watch or digital one? I need a new one and can't decide.  Obviously, it's for when I work...

PS : I know it's not a top priority in my life and wont change the course of history, but maybe someone here will have a good reason to buy one or the other.

Cyrius007 said:
Do you wear needles watch or digital one? 

Some discussion here, starting with the original post: "Digital or hands?"
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/1953.0

I have a cheap digital watch I wear on duty. Shows military (24 hour) clock, plus I can instantly have a stopwatch at the touch of a button. I also have a (relatively) expensive analog watch that I wear off duty (or when I put on my CFs.) Works for me; YMMV.

mariomike said:
Some discussion here, starting with the original post: "Digital or hands?"
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/1953.0

thank you, I did not find this post

One little tip about an analog watch face is that if you point the hour hand at the sun, south is halfway between the hand and 12 o'clock. It is a very rough expedient compass to help you get sorted out and yes, I know daylight saving throws it off a bit.

Old Sweat said:
One little tip about an analog watch face is that if you point the hour hand at the sun, south is halfway between the hand and 12 o'clock -

(going counter-clockwise).

It is a very rough expedient compass to help you get sorted out and yes, I know daylight saving throws it off a bit.

I think that's right? Wouldn't want to lose any more 2nd Lieutenants than strictly necessary  ;D

Old Sweat said:
One little tip about an analog watch face is that if you point the hour hand at the sun, south is halfway between the hand and 12 o'clock. It is a very rough expedient compass to help you get sorted out and yes, I know daylight saving throws it off a bit.

Just substitute 1 for 12 during DST

Seeing im going to start my parading soon with my unit, and BMQ in 3 months, I picked up a watch today that I thought is appropriate. It's olive drab green which is real cool!
$T2eC16J,!)kE9s4Z-5cuBR7TrDSdQw~~60_12.JPG

DarkInfantry232 said:
Seeing im going to start my parading soon with my unit, and BMQ in 3 months, I picked up a watch today that I thought is appropriate. It's olive drab green which is real cool!

Yup, I'll bet that green GShock jerry can watch will do a fine job of lighting up your sentry position and sounding like the fourth of July at the most inopportune time possible. 8)

But you'll look max cool as the RSM stomps your sorry butt into the ground because of it ;)

recceguy said:
Yup, I'll bet that green GShock jerry can watch will do a fine job of lighting up your sentry position and sounding like the fourth of July at the most inopportune time possible. 8)

But you'll look max cool as the RSM stomps your sorry butt into the ground because of it ;)

So what our take away from this young Padawan?

Turn off the chime and don't use the back light unnecessarily. G-shock will serve you well.

MWC watches are the beez neez. Issued to the UK military as the 'G1098 watch'. Had one for years... wish I still did

http://www.mwcwatches.com/

DarkInfantry232 said:

Some sourpuss will soon tell you that you spent too much.

http://cadencewatch.com/?utm_source=Bargains+and+deals&utm_campaign=58356fddf9-cohort_5_2_1_sweepstakes6_19_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f8b7961563-58356fddf9-408689337&mc_cid=58356fddf9&mc_eid=588d97ec12

Cadence has some pretty decent watches.

Some coupon codes if you want them...

Thank you for entering our Watch Sweepstakes to win a Cadence watch. Check here to see results: cadencewatch.com/drawing-results.

At Cadence, everyone is a winner so we're giving you the chance to pick up any watch at cadencewatch.com for 70% off with code: WINNER

Or choose one of these select watches at discounts up to 83% off with the codes below!
reddit watch
*won't insult your grammar!
Normally $175.
w/Savings: $49.
Code: RED-49.

Divers Watches
high-spec 50ATM Watch
Normally $295.
w/Savings: $59.95
Code: DIVER-59
Hanko Watch
Minimalism
Normally $160.
w/Savings: $34
Code: DANISH-39
4:20 Chronic
"your best-looking watch"
Normally $375.
w/Savings: $75
Code: CHRONIC-75.
Digby Collection
Gatsby look, modern size
Normally $250
w/Savings: $49.95
Code: DIGBY-LAUNCH
Wrist Rocket Watch
shockingly big + sporty
Normally $80.
w/Savings: $19.
Code: WRIST-19.

Atheist Watch
There is no dog
Normally $175.
w/Savings: $29
Code: ATH-29

Danish Collection
Scandinavian style
Normally $185.
w/Savings: $39
Code: DANISH-39

Radian Watch
Because pi.
Normally $175.
w/Savings: $49.
Code: RAD-49.

MFA Watch
our advice: dress well
Normally $225.
w/Savings: $59.
Code: MFA-59.

4:20 Chronic CRYSTALS
(white dial /
IP-black bezel)
Normally $375.
w/Savings: $75
Code: CHRONIC-75
CMYK-RGB Watch
No conversion necessary.
Normally $175.
w/Savings: $39.
Code: CMYK-39.

MFA Casual
chill out, you look good.
Normally $195.
w/Savings: $43
Code: CASUAL-43
Josh Chadwick
award-winning design
Normally $175.
w/Savings: $15
Code: JOSH-49

4:20 Chronic Gold Chronograph
golden goodness
Normally $395.
w/Savings: $85
Code: CHRONIC-85.
Digby Chronographs
Classic and contempory
Normally $350
w/Savings: $69
Code: DIGBY-69

Radian Chronograph
3-dial, 3.14 style
Normally $345.
w/Savings: $63
Code: RAD-SAVINGS

Wrist Rocket Watch
this is big and orange
Normally $80.
w/Savings: $19.
Code: WRIST-19.

Radian Chrono White
3-dial, 3.14 style
Normally $345.
w/Savings: $63.
Code: RAD-SAVINGS

Wrist Rocket WT2
Two dial are better than one
Normally $80.
w/Savings: $15
Code: WRIST-15
EQL Watch
a powerful statement
Normally $175
w/Savings: $39
Code: EQL-39

I'm looking to get a watch, but I have skinny little chicken wrists and I hate wearing watches because the faces are always too big and they slide around. What's a watch with a good small face? I've been looking at the marathon line of watches but that's mainly because of the LCF. I'd also prefer one like that because I can wear it when I'm wearing nice clothes as well, because, knowing me, once I take it off I never want to put it back on.

2ndChoiceName said:
I'm looking to get a watch, but I have skinny little chicken wrists and I hate wearing watches because the faces are always too big and they slide around. What's a watch with a good small face? I've been looking at the marathon line of watches but that's mainly because of the LCF. I'd also prefer one like that because I can wear it when I'm wearing nice clothes as well, because, knowing me, once I take it off I never want to put it back on.

I'm an average sized guy sporting a CSR. If you don't want a big watch on your wrist I would, reluctantly, steer you away from the Divers and Pilots watches.

Back