• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Would you like to put a ‘Support our troops’ ribbon on your own vehicle?

I would love to.. But they keep getting stolen.

My support the Troop Lawn Ribbons were stolen 2 weeks ago. I live on a country road.. GRRR.. I wish I had all my dogs out so they would of torn the stupid kids a new butt.

Now I am going to purchase 10 of them and align my drive way.. LOL...I am hoping they come back and my pyreneese will have themselves a little snack..

Ive had one on my car for a year not a scratch and no one has tried to steal it. As an aside it seems at least 1/3rd of the population of Yellowknife has them

I have a Temperate CADPAT magnet on my vehicle and two stained glass yellow ribbons on the front window of my house!  :salute:

Shameless plug:  Contact Trinity for stained glass ribbons!

I have one with "my soldier" on it :)

I have them on my cars, my fridge, my cubicle... lol

Have a yellow magnet on both vehs, temperate and arid window clings on both, and yellow window stickers on both. I have one of the large lawn ribbons in my front window, yellow magnets on the front and back door and the side of my fridge has about 8 different ones on it. My van also has one of the red ribbons from Giant Tiger that is an air freshener (only lasted about 2 days before the smell went away). My wife has about 4 different pin ribbons on her purse (old US cam pattern shoulder bag) and we all have them on our jackets. We even have some SOT Christmas decorations and a crystal bear holding a ribbon on our wall unit. My wife buys everything new that comes out.

As for " Support our Troops " vehicle stickers by province, here on the Rock (St.John's/Mt.Pearl area) there appears to be great support.
During my travels I always notice other vehicles showing their support.

I have stickers on both vehicles and on the front door of my home.

Mine where getting stolen  so what I did with my third pair of desert camo support the troops magnets was tape them to the inside of my back hatch window.  People can still see them but no one can still them now .

I'm leaving for BMQ in a few weeks. As a cute gesture I ordered every close family member a window cling ribbon for their car(s) and each child got a rubber bracelet. My parents each got a yellow ribbon pin as well. They were all really excited to start showing their support. Unfortunately, I can't put a ribbon on my own car because I'm selling it when I leave.

Both mine and my husband's have been stolen in the last 3 weeks.  We take ours off going through the car wash, so I am pretty sure they were pilfered.

Hey muffin, how did you get one with your soldier on it?  I'd love to have one of our daugther, although I'll tape it to the inside of my rear window this time.

I've had my vehicle keyed and two magnets stolen.  My magnets were from the legion, not that it should make a difference.  I just got a new magnet 2 weeks ago and it's still there.

Weird thing happened, I parked my car in a Petro-Canada and there were literally 9 old yellow "Support Our Troops" magnets laying in the grass.  I guess maybe some idiots had ran around stealing them then realized they had NO use or value and dumped them on the grass.  Anyways, I took one (the one in the best condition  ;) ) and stuck it on my Toyota.  I want a green CADPAT one though they are very nice, and I don't mind the 3 something charge.  Well worth it :) 

MedTechStudent said:
Weird thing happened, I parked my car in a Petro-Canada and there were literally 9 old yellow "Support Our Troops" magnets laying in the grass. 

Might said Petro Can have a car wash attached to it?  Apparently they come off in them sometimes. 

zipperhead_cop said:
Might said Petro Can have a car wash attached to it?  Apparently they come off in them sometimes. 

Bingo, probably, then that mean some punk car wash attendant threw them everywhere on the grass.  Oh man thats even more upsetting  :-[ :p 

MedTechStudent said:
Bingo, probably, then that mean some punk car wash attendant threw them everywhere on the grass.  Oh man thats even more upsetting  :-[ :p 

Not as upsetting as throwing them in the trash with everything else from the floor of the carwash. At least they were able to dry out and be recirculated by passers by...............like yourself. Perhaps that's what the punk carwash attendant was thinking?

Don't be to anxious to draw conclusions without the facts. That bucket you pull up may not contain the substance you were after.

I know I know I'm sorry  :-[

My resentment for that car wash comes from their destruction of my bug deflector.  Not to say it was THAT particular your man who threw them away. 

SO, I retract me "punk car wash attendant" statement.  ;)

Haggis said:
I've got "Support our Troops" licence plate frames on both my vehicles.  No scratches, don't get blown/brushed off by the car wash and you need a screwdriver to steal 'em.

I also have a "Support Our Troops" and "Army" stickers on my ATV.

UPDATE:

Have since added an "Army" sticker to my new motorcycle.  My wife contributed a small "Support Our Troops" magnet to the gas tank.

I see them all over Fredericton. Unfortunately, my workspace isn't very keen on my application to the CF (they don't like long absences), so I'm considering going reg force and to hell with them.  ;D

UnrulyCanuck said:
I see them all over Fredericton. Unfortunately, my workspace isn't very keen on my application to the CF (they don't like long absences), so I'm considering going reg force and to hell with them.  ;D

Here here  ;D

Back