• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Would you like to put a ‘Support our troops’ ribbon on your own vehicle?

When I voted it was 69.51% Yes to 30.49% No...so it is slowly changing.

...And after hammering the yes button a few times:

Yes:
(69.70%)
No:
(30.30%)

Yes:
(69.75%)
No:
(30.25%)

I just voted a few times as well.  Numbers should skyrocket now that it's posted on army.ca    ;)

Yes:
(70.16%)
No:
(29.84%)

IF they had the plastic decals I would put them in the rear window, The magnets scratch the paint on my truck.

I am an ex-CDN navy member living in Maryland and I have a "Support our troops" with a maple leaf in it and a Canadian bumper sticker that says " If you don't feel like standing behind out troops, feel free to stand in front of them". :cdn:

Can_do said:
IF they had the plastic decals I would put them in the rear window, The magnets scratch the paint on my truck.

I've had one on my car since Jan 06, and to date, no scratches.

I have them on both of my vehicles.  I find you have to take them off and wash off the dust from both the part underneath and the magnet itself.  Thus far, no scratch issues. 

Can_do said:

They do have plastic decals - I ahve one on my front windshield :)

https://www3.cfpsa.com/wyn/en/generalPublic/shoplist_e.asp?uid=154053&location=&dept=6

Halfway down the page - just under magnets.

Muffin

I have the sticker in the rear window of my car and 2 magnetic ribbons on the company service van that I drive.When the company owner,s wife seen them,she asked me to pick up some more for the other vans.I also proudly wear my red shirt every Friday and the only comments that I get is Where can I get one?MERRY CHRISTMAS from The Rock.

I've got "Support our Troops" licence plate frames on both my vehicles.  No scratches, don't get blown/brushed off by the car wash and you need a screwdriver to steal 'em.

I also have a "Support Our Troops" and "Army" stickers on my ATV.

Haggis said:
I've got "Support our Troops" licence plate frames on both my vehicles.  No scratches, don't get blown/brushed off by the car wash and you need a screwdriver to steal 'em.

I also have a "Support Our Troops" and "Army" stickers on my ATV.

Kit slut.

;D

I have two support our troops magnetic ribbons. One yellow, because I feel that is the standard colour, and one in arid Cadpat, because that is what I wore when i was over there. I have had on stolen, and I just replaced it. I can only hope it was taken by someone who wanted one for thier care and couldn't afford the $3.50. (Yes, i still beleive in Santa and the Easter Bunny!) I could care less if they scratch my car. During my tour just over 20 brave souls sacrificed thier lives so that I would have a better world to live in. It is the least i can do to put a simple ribbon on my car!!!

I had the yellow ribbon sticker on my truck before it even hit the road. It might still be on the truck, however I don't know because I sold it while in BMQ.

I have the 'Support The Troops' flag on my vehicle.  And today I opened up the back window, and as soon as I did the flag fell off. Crap!!  On my way back from dropping off my daughter, I saw it in the middle of the road, stopped, went out, got it and now it's back in it's proper place.  It was my lucky day:)

I have one, for a long time now, a magnet, and its still there.

I would be curious to know, province by province, the % of people who have "support the troops" stuff on their vehicles. I have "support the troops" licence plate covers (back & front) and stickers on the wifes "red rocket".  ((Apparently we are "kit sluts"))

Hey, I have plate covers too, 2 magnets, 2 static stickers on front windshield, flag for my vehicle and a flag for the house and 2 signs in my frontyard and a HUGE yellow ribbon tied around my tree in the yard.  I know, it's way over the top, but I can't help myself:)

EW, there aint nothing wrong with being a patriot, and showing your support.

Here is my ute, with the magnet in question, ya, just took this pic not even 5 mins ago.

Come on, POST some pics, show us your magnets, stickers flags, and whatever you got! on your car, truck, ski-doo, bike or house, barn, wall etc.

Back