• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

World Resupply Issues

Is there any information on the current cost per day of this war vs the cost per day sustaining operations in the GWOT. Near peer warfare would be harder to sustain- I’m wondering if our systems are even able to deal with it. Like the way we approve operations and equipment etc- would it even allow us to be involved in a “war” 🤔

Maybe this is a n incredibly dumb question
It is not a dumb question and its one that the CDS et al need to consider seriously.

As long as we have this current crop of "Liberals" in power - including the Environment Minister who is anti Oil and Gas we will see no movement on LNG or any other major energy project.

Is there any information on the current cost per day of this war vs the cost per day sustaining operations in the GWOT. Near peer warfare would be harder to sustain- I’m wondering if our systems are even able to deal with it. Like the way we approve operations and equipment etc- would it even allow us to be involved in a “war” 🤔

What would happen is we would get our asses handed to us in spectacular fashion. Then the idiots currently running the place would be fired/run out of office and they would bring in Titans of Industry and other various heavy hitters to right the ship so to speak.

Aka "Dollar-a-year-men"

What would happen is we would get our asses handed to us in spectacular fashion. Then the idiots currently running the place would be fired/run out of office and they would bring in Titans of Industry and other various heavy hitters to right the ship so to speak.

Aka "Dollar-a-year-men"

For those who aren't familiar with the term...

Dollar-a-Year Man, a term used during WWII to describe those business executives who were brought to Ottawa to work in government, largely in the Department of MUNITIONS AND SUPPLY and in the WARTIME PRICES AND TRADE BOARD.

These days, I'm sure that Deloitte would be happy to open up a new military division to meet the needs of DND/CAF... but probably for just a little bit more than a dollar per annum ;)

At a micro-level we have the same issue in my company.

We could hire 5 more people between now and the end of government's fiscal year, but then the big public sector work slump hits and we're left with the added overhead...
No March Madness from my end. Sorry 😜

Its not a dumb question.

Its a very astute question and one of logistics and material management.

Both things we do not to well in the CAF.

Supply Chains are fragile, some numbers which show where some potential issues are:

image_2a41a8e4-d797-4ba5-a0dc-d4fbc35d138220221215_082440.jpg

119% increase in dwell time at Ports, tsk tsk

For those who aren't familiar with the term...

Dollar-a-Year Man, a term used during WWII to describe those business executives who were brought to Ottawa to work in government, largely in the Department of MUNITIONS AND SUPPLY and in the WARTIME PRICES AND TRADE BOARD.

These days, I'm sure that Deloitte would be happy to open up a new military division to meet the needs of DND/CAF... but probably for just a little bit more than a dollar per annum ;)
$1.00 a year plus the home company keeping the salary and benefits flowing.
Ottawa picked up the living and day to day expenses of the executives they borrowed which could run higher than the salary and benefits.

Do not think there is the will to do that in this day and age.

I have a business plan. Once the shooting is over in the Ukraine, I want the scrap brass clean up contract.
It would lower the world market scrap brass price but there is a lot of spent arty shells to clean up It would fund my retirement nicely

Back