• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

World Of Warships

I read Mk 44 and Mk 46.

Strong ASW application here no contest, BUT it is not beyond wargaming to fudge historical accuracy for playability.  How many paper design only vehicles, ships, planes and ammunition types already exist ?  The wargaming genre of games is rife with these examples.

I was thinking about this as a standalone game mode in WoWS. ASW ships vs submarines. Not exactly sure how it would work, maybe one side is Subs one side is ASW ships. But I think it might be a neat game mode.

KerryBlue said:
I was thinking about this as a standalone game mode in WoWS. ASW ships vs submarines. Not exactly sure how it would work, maybe one side is Subs one side is ASW ships. But I think it might be a neat game mode.

I remember playing a game a couple of years ago, put out by DARPA, that involved remote control robot subs to hunt other subs. 

Leander class vs HMCS Saskatchewan, as long as they don't model the 3"/70 reliability you be ok. If they model fires on aluminum ship structures, not so much for some later vessels. 

Colin P said:
Leander class vs HMCS Saskatchewan, as long as they don't model the 3"/70 reliability you be ok. If they model fires on aluminum ship structures, not so much for some later vessels.

You are reading into this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much for a wargaming.net product

Halifax Tar said:
You are reading into this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much for a wargaming.net product

If there is money involved, WG will entice you to buy a Premium that is useless, but will make you stand out in a battle.

George Wallace said:
If there is money involved, WG will entice you to buy a Premium that is useless, but will make you stand out in a battle.

GW is 100% correct.  Historical accuracy means SFA to wargaming.net

And thats ok, they don't advertise to be a sim producer they advertise to be arcade game makers

what, your telling me the Germans didn't actually build a WTF Panzer.....? :crybaby:

For the 3/70, cotter pins would be a consumable item that you would have to purchase for every game  :nod:

If you are looking at playing World of Warships, our clan is recruiting in WoT for members to help us get better numbers for Tournaments, Skirmishes, Strongholds and eventually Clan Wars. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/437960-wwiii-stormtroopers-looking-for-active-members-strongholds-platooning-team-battles-and-eventually-clan-wars/page__hl__%2Bstormtroopers__fromsearch__1

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000003151/

At the same time we have clan members who are in World of Warships at the moment doing the Beta Testing and will likely continue as part of the Clan.  We are also looking at teams for War Thunder, and now have registrations in for Armor Warfare.  http://aw.my.com/us/news/general/founders-packs-early-access-coming

A wide spectrum of choices. 

Tore through an opposing team last night in my Kuma despite bad lag, sank 4 ships, 2 DD, 1 BB and a crusier. She is a great anti-DD ship

George Wallace said:
If you are looking at playing World of Warships, our clan is recruiting in WoT for members to help us get better numbers for Tournaments, Skirmishes, Strongholds and eventually Clan Wars. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/437960-wwiii-stormtroopers-looking-for-active-members-strongholds-platooning-team-battles-and-eventually-clan-wars/page__hl__%2Bstormtroopers__fromsearch__1

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000003151/

At the same time we have clan members who are in World of Warships at the moment doing the Beta Testing and will likely continue as part of the Clan.  We are also looking at teams for War Thunder, and now have registrations in for Armor Warfare.  http://aw.my.com/us/news/general/founders-packs-early-access-coming

A wide spectrum of choices.

For Wot it says you require 2 tier X tanks, is there anyway around that. I've been looking for a clan for a while and would prefer to play with Canadians.

Does anyone here play the Cleveland ever? I think so far it is one of my favourite ships in the game. It's pretty fast overall and a hit machine. I'm averaging about 80+ hits a game in her. Here's one of my better games in her last night.

The Cleveland is a great platform. 

I love mine and don't ever intend to sell it off.  I have used it to provide AAA cover to BBs and to clear out cap points with ease.  I do wish she had Torps but her DPM does make up for that.

If you know how to use it she can maneuver through torpedo spreads with ease as well.

A little tip I have learned is to bring your bow into the spread and take it head on.  So I try to see what where the TPBs are launching and turn towards them.  Same thing for DDs keep the helm hard to port/stbd stay at max power and they cant get an effective lead on you.  So far this has been nearly 100% effective for me. 

One last tip, don't get tunnel vision.  Way to much is going on around you. 

Got 32 hits with my Kongo and 2 sunk yesterday, very pleased with that. The Cleveland is nice but fairly fragile and loses turrets easily. Omaha is just plain fun and the Kuma makes a nice DD killer. The Aoba plays more like a small BB

Colin P said:
Got 32 hits with my Kongo and 2 sunk yesterday, very pleased with that. The Cleveland is nice but fairly fragile and loses turrets easily. Omaha is just plain fun and the Kuma makes a nice DD killer. The Aoba plays more like a small BB

Ya the Cleveland isn't very tough but if you maneuver and continue changing courses you will find you can dodge a allot of shot.  Sailing in a straight line with no course changing is the wrong way to employ the Cleveland.

Ohmaha meah.  And I have really progressed down the IJN CA line yet.

Halifax Tar said:
Ya the Cleveland isn't very tough but if you maneuver and continue changing courses you will find you can dodge a allot of shot.  Sailing in a straight line with no course changing is the wrong way to employ the Cleveland.

Ohmaha meah.  And I have really progressed down the IJN CA line yet.

I'm debating free xp'ing to get out of my Kuma and into the Aoba. I really enjoy playing CA's more then BB's. Ca's like the Cleveland make you think and have to be able to multi task, instead of just sitting back and firing. But I am excited for American BB's

Kuma is not a grind if played right, kept mine and the Aoba will be a let down for you as it's like a mini-BB

If you like Cruisers the Omaha and Cleveland are the sweet spot

Colin P said:
Kuma is not a grind if played right, kept mine and the Aoba will be a let down for you as it's like a mini-BB

If you like Cruisers the Omaha and Cleveland are the sweet spot

I don't find Kuma a grind, its just one of my least played ships. I usually play US ships, then Japanese Bb's and if I have time i'll play the Kuma or the DD.

I actually hated the Omaha and free xp'd past it after getting about halfway.

funny, the Omaha is the cruiser that i find gives the most harm in games i play till my Nagato's 16" guns come down on it >:D

I enjoyed playing the Omaha, just because it had so many guns on board and quick reload times and torps.  It tends to eat DDs for breakfast and still has the ability to hit hard with the torps on larger ships.

Back