• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

World Of Warships

Colin P said:
I will watch for you, there is a major update coming with IJN CV's and US Battleships along with flags and other perks. I quite enjoy the US Cruisers and DD which are like mini-cruiser and my Cleveland makes money hand over fist as does my Omaha.

I hear you, my Fuso can make 100k as long as I have a decent game, 200k if i have a good game

MilEME09 said:
I hear you, my Fuso can make 100k as long as I have a decent game, 200k if i have a good game

Me too.  I have to say my long range gunnery has come a long way!  But those who use the aim bot still drive me nuts!

Im just starting to use carriers... Im not so good lol

Halifax Tar said:
Me too.  I have to say my long range gunnery has come a long way!  But those who use the aim bot still drive me nuts!

Im just starting to use carriers... Im not so good lol

Im getting better at my 10km+ ranging, what aggrivates me is when Im aiming correctly and I pepper all around the ship but not well shell hits.

MilEME09 said:
Im getting better at my 10km+ ranging, what aggrivates me is when Im aiming correctly and I pepper all around the ship but not well shell hits.

That is a Whiskey Tango Foxttrot moment eh hahaha had many

You should see me use torps hahaha

Colin P said:
Yes a perfectly placed bracket that does nothing, arrrrgh!

On the other hand i've been trapped perfectly by a three sided torp wall, Fuso gone by torp bombers 5 minutes into a game

MilEME09 said:
On the other hand i've been trapped perfectly by a three sided torp wall, Fuso gone by torp bombers 5 minutes into a game

I really hate the torpedo's in the game. Nothing more annoying then hitting a DD with a full broadside from my Fuso and it not sinking, while I get hit with 2 of his torps and I'm done.

I had a pretty good game in my Fuso today for only 1 kill. I've finally figured out the Citadel shots are the real money makers in the game

KerryBlue said:
I really hate the torpedo's in the game. Nothing more annoying then hitting a DD with a full broadside from my Fuso and it not sinking, while I get hit with 2 of his torps and I'm done.

I had a pretty good game in my Fuso today for only 1 kill. I've finally figured out the Citadel shots are the real money makers in the game

Wow thats a great game!

Yes citadel shots are the money shots... did I just say that ?

Does anyone enjoy playing with the IJN battleships?  So far all they make me want to do is make me want to punch the computer.  Too slow to turn, turrets too slow to bring to bear on target, and too long to reload.  Just a giant torpedo target that enjoys being hit repeatedly.

Carriers are pretty awesome except when match making decides to make it 2v1 in the air and the dive bombers are junk.

Robert0288 said:
Does anyone enjoy playing with the IJN battleships?  So far all they make me want to do is make me want to punch the computer.  Too slow to turn, turrets too slow to bring to bear on target, and too long to reload.  Just a giant torpedo target that enjoys being hit repeatedly.

Carriers are pretty awesome except when match making decides to make it 2v1 in the air and the dive bombers are junk.

BB's are my favorite ships. See just one game screen a few posts up. They are tricky to learn because you have to be very aware of your surroundings always. You need to be able to in the 30 or so seconds it takes to reload be able to make sure you aren't going to crash into anything and that you aren't getting blindsided. I usually just work my way around the map, basically working in a big circle. This usually allows me to get in lots of hits and protect a flank or a cap point. They also when played right, regardless of the kills , as long as you pen and get hits will make you a shit ton of xp and money. I for one can't wait for US BB's to enter into the game

KerryBlue said:
BB's are my favorite ships. See just one game screen a few posts up. They are tricky to learn because you have to be very aware of your surroundings always. You need to be able to in the 30 or so seconds it takes to reload be able to make sure you aren't going to crash into anything and that you aren't getting blindsided. I usually just work my way around the map, basically working in a big circle. This usually allows me to get in lots of hits and protect a flank or a cap point. They also when played right, regardless of the kills , as long as you pen and get hits will make you a crap ton of xp and money. I for one can't wait for US BB's to enter into the game

Personally I can't wait for British ships, I want me a Prince of Whales

MilEME09 said:
Personally I can't wait for British ships, I want me a Prince of Whales

I'm excited to see the British ships as well, and the Kriegsmarine. There's also a small part of me that hopes they somehow manage to put the RCN in. Even if its tied into the RN I would be happy to see some RCN ships.

KerryBlue said:
I'm excited to see the British ships as well, and the Kriegsmarine. There's also a small part of me that hopes they somehow manage to put the RCN in. Even if its tied into the RN I would be happy to see some RCN ships.

Likely they'll probably have some as Premiums, etc similar to the Ram II in WoT.

PuckChaser said:
Likely they'll probably have some as Premiums, etc similar to the Ram II in WoT.

I was just thinking that. I hope they do the Tribal class, I would like a the Haida to be in the game..I think the Haida would be a refreshing change from the DD's in the game as it placed more emphasis on guns rather then torpedos. Basically the opposite of DD's currently.

PuckChaser said:

Possibly.  They already have a Gremyashchiy, tier V Soviet Destroyer as a Premium.

I would like to see:

Puncher, Nabob or Warrior as premium CVs

Ontario or Uganda/Quebec as premium CAs

A Prince class as perhaps another premium CA

Haida as a premium DD

A flower class corvette as perhaps a reserve class ship. Sackville perhaps ? 

IF they go as far into the 50s and 60s as WoT has gone there are some excellent ship classes that are purely Canadian that could be built in such as:

St. Laurent class
Restigouche class
Mackenzie class
Annapolis class
Dare I mention Iroquois class ? 

Halifax Tar said:
I would like to see:

Puncher, Nabob or Warrior as premium CVs

Ontario or Uganda/Quebec as premium CAs

A Prince class as perhaps another premium CA

Haida as a premium DD

A flower class corvette as perhaps a reserve tier ship.  Sackville perhaps ? 

IF they go as far into the 50s and 60s as WoT has gone there are some excellent ship classes that are purely Canadian that could be built in such as:

St. Laurent class
Restigouche class
Mackenzie class
Annapolis class
Dare I mention Iroquois class ?

Steam in close and lob Limbo mortars into them? ASW vessels will suffer in this game. Unless there is a game mode where they can fight each other. But I rather see a game mode where fleets of St Louis's battle each other. The Haida and Uganda will do well as would Bonaventure with Sea fury and torpedo armed Avengers.

Colin P said:
Steam in close and lob Limbo mortars into them? ASW vessels will suffer in this game. Unless there is a game mode where they can fight each other. But I rather see a game mode where fleets of St Louis's battle each other. The Haida and Uganda will do well as would Bonaventure with Sea fury and torpedo armed Avengers.

Im not sure which ASW ships you alluding too.  All the later classes of ships I listed carried Guns and Torpedos.  The flower class I agree would be under whelming but it is such a classic ship and holds a strong place in naval history that it should be included, and it could compete at the reserve level once they get fleshed out.

Back