• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WOrking Environment

Wookilar

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok, not sure where this should go, but this will be good to start.

I am trying to find refs for working conditions; specifically ambient temperature in garrison (if such exists).

I've gotten some stuff from the Safety Digest and I am currently going through the applicable collective agreement. Not a lot of meat yet, just generalizations.

What I am trying to find are specific temperature ranges that are considered "normal" or mandatory if such exist. I prayed to Google of course, but found nothing CF specific.

Any ideas?

Start point:  http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/labour/employment_standards/federal/index.shtml

There may be information under "Health and Safety"; haven't had a chance to dig in too deeply.

Well of course there is an entire gov't department for this stuff..

Thanks very much, that's exactly what we need. Fighting with the powers that be on using heaters (we keep blowing fuses and pissing people off lol).

We hit 10* celcius this morning, little chilly for an office. It's warmed up to 14* now.

And it's not even cold out yet.

I know before I left in Oct(25) , the heating plant was turned on and was providing heat but then I think it had to be shut down because of some "problems"

Back