• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wondering what BASIC TRAINING is like? Watch the video. (BASIC UP)

I like the bottom one :) I thought the caption for the first one was going to read: SUPPORT OUR TROOPS! Because this is what you get when you slash our budget."

Shamrock I can only ad
kickballs.gif

owned.gif

Well done

Too funny. I'm practically pissing myself laughing. I wonder (not that I really care, just wondering) how our freakin' PO
feels about having his mug plastered all over army.ca - maybe two inches tall about now? Or maybe not.

Thanks for a good laugh. :pushup: "Do your pushups, duMont!"

Is that how it really goes down? That's kinda flexible. I was thinking of BMQ to be like an arse whoop. Seems like a weekend at Ma's house.

I wonder if this is the start to a "DuMont" catch phrase whenever someone is telling someone else to do something :D

I would of came unglued on the Pte if I pulled off a name tage during inspection.

BKells said:
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/1_10_3.asp?clip=Ep3_Clip_1HiRes.flv

Hahaha this MCpl is so disgusted with her by the end "Ugh, OK form up.."

that MCpl is an awsome instructor  i had him as my Sgt (he was resently promoted im guessing) but now he has moved on to the gas hut  so anyone heading to St. Jean  look forward to meeting him in week 10

as well the PO doing the bathroom inspection i have him as my platoon commander another great staff  always very proffessional and thats just what his inspections are like (well a few more swares thrown in for good measure tho)  a tip for those wet mops  he likes them bone dry... mop at night and put the mop head in the washer the last load of the night before bed  after the spin cycle they will be almost dry and dry the rest over night  just dont use  them in the morning then you will have clean nice  smelling dry mops for insprction

glad i didnt have the other PO that was leaning aginst the wall to yell at the girl  tho i have seen him around.. there are a number of staff at the school like him  but more so are like the other PO and MCpl and sgt shown

sunflour said:
... mop at night and put the mop head in the washer the last load of the night before bed  after the spin cycle they will be almost dry and dry the rest over night  just dont use  them in the morning then you will have clean nice  smelling dry mops for insprction

It's against regs to have washer and dryers running in the shacks after lights out.  The fire picket is responsible to make sure they are turned off.

I was ignorant of this fact until a memorable visit from a member of the green desk duty staff one night.

I'd subscribe to a channel running this just to see if DuMont passes...

If I get that guy when I go to St. Jean, I'll have a hard time hiding the smirk the first time I see him lol.

Cdnrednk said:
If I get that guy when I go to St. Jean, I'll have a hard time hiding the smirk the first time I see him lol.

Don't worry, if you can't hide it, someone will be along to sort you out. Your job is to STFU and learn.....smirk on your own time  ::)

DirtyDog said:
It's against regs to have washer and dryers running in the shacks after lights out.  The fire picket is responsible to make sure they are turned off.

I was ignorant of this fact until a memorable visit from a member of the green desk duty staff one night.

thats why i said put it in the last load of the night before bed  so throw them in the washer at 2122 on the white cycle whitch is 38 min then come 2200 when its lights out its done and hang them ready for inspection in the am

sunflour said:
thats why i said put it in the last load of the night before bed  so throw them in the washer at 2122 on the white cycle whitch is 38 min then come 2200 when its lights out its done and hang them ready for inspection in the am

We did the same thing and it worked out well...and no stinky mops!

Cdnrednk said:

Candidates don't "get" anyone...WE get YOU.

The only thing you get here is...food.  air.  water.  kit.  orders.  and...yourself in Shite!   :D

And...if you DO get him...I will be RIGHT behind him...I am not sure, but I might not be as nice or...whatever...as he is/was.   >:D

;D

I have friend in Army Public Affaires who shed some light on Basic Up when I mentioned it.

It's not a recruiting video, it's being done as a reality show for Army News.  For those who haven't seen it Army News is an all Army News channel which is sent closed circuit to bases in Canada.  Not every base is hooked in yet, and apparently the tvs are sometime just used to watch the hockey game  >:D

I guess the clips are just excerpts from episodes.

Basic Up started with this one Seargant running around with a camera and grew into the idea of a full fledged tv show.  My friend knows him and says he had more enthusiasm than camera experience.  Considering that I think the clips look pretty good!  He says he's heard they plan to try and do another one with more production quality and camera guys with some experience.  Hope so!  I'd love to see something like that on Discovery Channel or something!

I agree that the clips on the site don't give a balanced picture, but I guess it'd be hard to give one with only a few small clips.

So is there no way to download or watch the full version of basic up on the internet?

Unless Im mistaken the 5 episodes and 3 clips per episode they have on the canadian forces army site seem to be incomplete shows :)

i emailed asking if they could show the full shows. the clips werent all that great. they did however give a good idea of how things are.

FastEddy said:

Having read all four pages on Basic Up and the Video Clips, which on this Tread have seemed to focus on the Instructor dressing down of Recruit Dumont.

And considering all of the comments and advice submitted by qualified and Ex-Instructors as to the poor methods employed by the Instructor. Which are quite correct in their appraisal.

I am left wondering why the same reviewing PTB did not see this and Edit this Video or re-shoot it. If by the number of negative comments here see it, why didn't they.

This by no means excuse the Instructor's behavior. But reflects sadly on the People producing Recruitment Films.

Just a thought.

Cheers.

That would kind of negate the "Reality" part of reality show I suppose...

Back