• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wondering what BASIC TRAINING is like? Watch the video. (BASIC UP)

Meridian said:
Anyway, my point is, the staff were forced to pass her. The plt did everything they could to not help her, and to bring her in-line; just didn't sink in.  People gave up.  Instructors gave up because the Navy needed another officer. She was passed on to the next bunch

Not sure what you mean to say in this, but it don't seem too right.

Sternly instructing and yelling serve different purposes. Buddy of mine says it best. "I only yell when it's needed to be heard".

Fact is, if someone is yelling and screaming all the time, you become desensitized to it. Those who don't scream and yell all the time, well, if they start yelling, you know you fucked up.

As far as this Dumont one...seems like a bag to me. Instruct her, or rein her in.

Yelling and screaming (if you are an Instructor... ;D) all the time is a sign of a few things.

1.  You are incompetent and are not sure what you are supposed to be doing...

2.  You were never corrected as a Jnr instructor that it is not what you are supposed to be doing all the time.

There are more, but the point is...you missed the boat somewhere's...

IMHO atleast...

Mud Recce Man said:
Yelling and screaming all the time is a sign of a few things.

1.  You are incompetent and are not sure what you are supposed to be doing...

2.  You were never corrected as a Jnr instructor that it is not what you are supposed to be doing all the time.

There are more, but the point is...you missed the boat somewhere's...

IMHO atleast...

Who is the "you" referring to here? The superior, or the subordinate? (I'm assuming the superior.)

Sig_Des said:
Not sure what you mean to say in this, but it don't seem too right.

No, exactly what I meant.  By the time we got to Basic, after a year at Prep, everyone was tired of carrying her load.  So many of her coursemates just refused to help her through.  Even those that did (I was in the sister plt), ended up giving up in frustration.  Still passed.

We were told by the staff that we should be careful because it wouldnt be the staff who failed anyone, it would be the rest of the candidates failing the person who couldn't hack leadership. 

On recent courses, Ive still heard first hand from candidates that people who should not be in the forces are routinely kept on, much to the chagrin of their instructor cadre....

Danjanou said:
Ok Hands up everyone in this thread who've actually taught on a BMQ or two or three or ten

Mud Recce
fing02[1].gif

George
fing02[1].gif

Me
fing02[1].gif

Mithras ???

Get the idea, the individual in the pic is in the wrong, no excuse. Stay in your lane.

TN2IC 
fing02[1].gif

http://www.armee.forces.gc.ca/lf/Francais/1_10.asp

French version with different videos is also available.

CanEhdian said:
BMQ is boring as hell.

Well then get out before it's too late.

Ever hear of the term "Hurry up and wait?"

I suggest that you take this time in BMQ to rest and learn before you get to your future unit.

If it's a land unit, you'll be wishing for a little boredom.

Regards

We will take u in the Navy,

Once you finish all your onboard OJT packages (trade and ship) and refresher training , we will go right into a weapons cert and full WUPS. Then a good 7 month deployment.

Like RBD said in the previous , get out before its too late.

What a crappy attitude!

Having read all four pages on Basic Up and the Video Clips, which on this Tread have seemed to focus on the Instructor dressing down of Recruit Dumont.

And considering all of the comments and advice submitted by qualified and Ex-Instructors as to the poor methods employed by the Instructor. Which are quite correct in their appraisal.

I am left wondering why the same reviewing PTB did not see this and Edit this Video or re-shoot it. If by the number of negative comments here see it, why didn't they.

This by no means excuse the Instructor's behavior. But reflects sadly on the People producing Recruitment Films.

Just a thought.

Cheers.

career_radio-checker said:
As for the rest of us crusty salts who have finished basic there ain't nothing like watching someone get riped a new one by one pissed off MCpl er... uh I mean PO.
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/1_10_5.asp

:eek: OMG that is my MCPL from basic.  My arms and chest hurt just remembering him ;) (episode 5 clip 1 the vandoo MCPL)

putz said:
:eek: OMG that is my MCPL from basic.  My arms and chest hurt just remembering him ;)

Why from laughing so hard at his pathetic imitation on a real instructor?
stirpot.gif

The Master Corporal was the gentleman who left earlier... The fellow getting reamed on this board expressly states that he is not a freakin' Master Corporal :D

The M/Cpl ain't that good either go watch it again, scratching his back, looking at his watch. looking bored.....yeah real pro there too.

FastEddy said:

I am left wondering why the same reviewing PTB did not see this and Edit this Video or re-shoot it. If by the number of negative comments here see it, why didn't they.

This by no means excuse the Instructor's behavior. But reflects sadly on the People producing Recruitment Films.

Scary to think, perhaps this was the best they could get?

My understanding was that he was checking the watch regarding the time that it is open, and whether or not she had time to already do this. I haven't been there though, so I have no idea :) I'm defintiely not speaking from experience here.

I wonder if the poor instructors look at this site...  ;D

I hope to get great instructors...someone that I can aspire to be like in the future.  :salute:

Back