• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Winning the hearts of local civilians in Iraq: Lesson 1

ark

Inactive
Reaction score
- Liberating farmers from an imminent sheep attack by the use of a flashbang.
http://www.filecabi.net/video/farmer-flash.html

- Ram random local drivers off the road to test and improve their driving skills.
http://www.filecabi.net/video/out-the-way24.html

Don't forget to record your heroic actions.

That is probably the most accurate way to turn a populace against you....complete idiots.

The damage they do will take years to overcome.

Video's like those make it seem like for every 1 step forward they're taking 2 steps back by doing stupid crap like that.

As GAP said:
GAP said:
That is probably the most accurate way to turn a populace against you....complete idiots.

People remember the bad over the good... 
"Yeah, they built a well and a school in my village, but they tried to kill my sheep, leaving half of them def and in shock, then they tried to run my uncle of the road for no reason...  I hate them."

And to video tape it?!?!  Dummies... that's like those kids taping themselves robbing stores and destroying property a few years ago... slick.

GAP said:

I do not know GAP. I think you may have been a little hasty with your comments. Given what some site members have contributed to this site on conditions and tactics used by the insurgents it seems to me that some thought was given to the actions portrayed. A flash bang tossed to move the farmer and his flock prevents cover for IEDs, prevents intell from being gained, conditions the animals to stay away from roads(we do the same here with bear bangers to keep the bears were they belong) preventing "road kill" and the loss of livelyhood.

As for the ramming again some thought, ram or shoot and make world press "Innocent civilian shot while driving" but then again the vehicle could have been explosive laden and it would have been a poor move to do. It would be interesting to here comments on this from some of those there. Dialling................Infidal6, Wesley...................

Back