• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

William, "Bill", Mulholland

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
MWO (retired) William, "Bill", Mulholland

It is with sad news that I heard of the passing of Bill Mulholland today, in Oromocto.  Many Blackhatters will remember Bill.  He, although never Armour, never wore any other beret than the Black Beret.  He was always posted to an Armour Regiment and spent a good many years with the RCD in Germany and as ET at C Sqn, RCD in Gagetown. 

Bill is known by many in the Armour Corps and RCEME/LORE/LEME/REME worlds.  He will be greatly missed by many. 

William Michael Ross Mulholland, MWO (retired)  1947-2016

It is with sadness that the family of William Michael Ross "Bill" Mulholland announces his passing on Friday, September 30, 2016, at the Oromocto Public Hospital.

Born in Vancouver, BC, he was the son of the late Cyril and Marion (Idler) Mulholland.

Bill is survived by his loving wife, Donna; his children, Michael Mulholland (Tamara) of Fredericton, NB, Tricia Mulholland of Burton, NB and Geoffrey Mulholland (Laurie) of Norwood, ON; a sister, Phyllis Williams of Denver, CO; four grandchildren, Jenna, Jack, David and Sean; as well as several cousins, nieces and nephews.

In addition to his parents, Bill was predeceased by a sister Ruth.

There will be no visitation. A memorial service will be held on Tuesday, October 4, 2016, at 2:00 PM at St. Luke’s Chapel at CFB Gagetown with Rev. Canon Walter Williams officiating. Interment will take place in St. John’s Cemetery following the service. Memorial donations made to St. John’s Anglican Church, the Canadian Cancer Society or the Canadian Diabetes Association would be appreciated by the family.

http://www.oromoctofh.com/obituaries/110284

He was a good man, and a good soldier.
In fact, he actually started in the Armour Corps before switching to RCEME. He spent most of his career working with, and wearing the black beret.
RIP, Bill. I have many fond memories of our time together.
My condolences to his wife, his family, and his many friends.

Back