• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will 2021 see a new pistol buy?

Will the CAF's new pistol be a:

• the new US service pistol, the Sig Sauer P320 (M17/M18)?

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • the British version of the Glock 17?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • a Beretta APX?

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • a Canadian designed Black Creek Labs PX17?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • a Norinco?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • something else?

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Slightly relevant, but in the world of pistol acquisitions in Canada, several police services have recently acquired new handguns with attached flashlights and a red dot optic. Vancouver Police picked up the P320 with a Sig red dot and Streamlight attached. RCMP may finally be getting word in the near future on a replacement as well.
While no fan of the 320 - MRDS are a fantastic addition.
1) Most entities transitioning to them have noted Significant improvements in new recruit pistol scores
2) Entities who have transitioned to them have seen dramatic hit increases on actual engagements.

Interesting you should mention that.

Coincidentally, the Ozzies use the Browning Hi Power... ;)

View attachment 67567
To be replaced in 2022, given that is Australia I suspect they’ll actually manage to get that done and choose an effective option. At this point I’m in favour of just giving everyone two years of boot allowances to buy a hand gun at Cabellas.

I'm not as optimistic about their procurement process as you are.

See: Subs, MRH-90 Taipan helicopters.
Unless we see a deal with NEXTER, I think they’ll be okay…

While no fan of the 320 - MRDS are a fantastic addition.
1) Most entities transitioning to them have noted Significant improvements in new recruit pistol scores
2) Entities who have transitioned to them have seen dramatic hit increases on actual engagements.
Is that mostly over Glocks?

I'm not as optimistic about their procurement process as you are.

See: Subs, MRH-90 Taipan helicopters.
I actually see the recent Taipan decision as very positive. The ability to recognize a failed project, and pivot to correct it is unheard of here. Imagine if the Canadian Army had to balls to say “actually this TAPV is a lemon, we’re going to buy X as a replacement.”

I actually see the recent Taipan decision as very positive. The ability to recognize a failed project, and pivot to correct it is unheard of here. Imagine if the Canadian Army had to balls to say “actually this TAPV is a lemon, we’re going to buy X as a replacement.”
Or the msvs milcot? Boots? We need to call out manufacturers when we get lemons and say while it met the requirements, the execution gave us equipment that did not meet our needs.

Or the msvs milcot? Boots? We need to call out manufacturers when we get lemons and say while it met the requirements, the execution gave us equipment that did not meet our needs.
Make people in Treasury Board and Public Works wear the boots for a year, to appreciate why their policies aren’t always the best for the troops…

LINK REMOVED AS PER SITE GUIDELINES

We can build an ammo factory in Ukraine, send them sniper rifles, body armour, and first aid kits but we still can't get our own soldiers F@#$%^G new pistols :cry: Sad, Very, very, very sad

Last edited by a moderator:
LINK REMOVED

We can build an ammo factory in Ukraine, send them sniper rifles, body armour, and first aid kits but we still can't get our own soldiers F@#$%^G new pistols :cry: Sad, Very, very, very sad
From the article, it's more like the govt is facilitating Canadian industry to build said ammo factory. It's not really the same as procuring stuff for ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make them buy a off road truck that has its warranty voided if used off road and tell them they have to take it back country camping
This is the MSVS-Navistar? How is that possible? The trucks are taken off road for commercial vocational use all the time without any warranty issues.

Back