• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

??WHY??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil_T

Inactive
Reaction score
I was at Zellers today, and as I was heading to the cash, there in the middle of the aisle - Barack Obama t-shirts.  I get that he's riding a high tide of popularity right now, but wow.  I guess I just don't see him as the super hero the t-shirt manufacturers do.  Seems a little much to me.  Doubt very highly there'd be all this hype if it were John McCain coming to Ottawa as president.

Probably has something to do with zellers parent company (HBC) is a majority US owned company as well?

CEEBEE501 said:
Probably has something to do with zellers parent company (HBC) is a majority US owned company as well?
I think it is just because he is coming to Ottawa. Most of the top guys at HBC are from Canadian retail. The Bay, Zeller's, Home Outfitters are still Canadian with a U.S. owners. Like Sear's, Wal-Mart, Safeway etc.

I"m just getting kind of tired of all the hype around him.  He's a man.  It's not like he's the incarnation of Jesus or something.

Zellers would sell McCain TShirts if they thought they could make money on them.  It's not about politics - it's about profits.

I'm also getting tired of the Barack hype. I mean, he flew into Ottawa for a five-hour visit with no public component, and CBC broke into its programming this morning to breathlessly announce that his plane had landed and they were bringing out the ramp at the airport. Then cut to a streeter where people who gathered at Parliament Hill where they wouldn't see him where they told the CBC that he was not just the POTUS, but the president of Canada and indeed, the world.

Uh, no.

40below said:
I'm also getting tired of the Barack hype. I mean, he flew into Ottawa for a five-hour visit with no public component, and CBC broke into its programming this morning to breathlessly announce that his plane had landed and they were bringing out the ramp at the airport. Then cut to a streeter where people who gathered at Parliament Hill where they wouldn't see him where they told the CBC that he was not just the POTUS, but the president of Canada and indeed, the world.

Uh, no.

SAY WHAT???  Last time I checked I did not vote for the man. Nobody in Canada (save US expats) did.

dapaterson said:
Zellers would sell McCain TShirts if they thought they could make money on them.  It's not about politics - it's about profits.

mmm I'm not too sure of that.  I agree it's about profits.  However, Obama is a lot more marketable than McCain, sad to say.

And could someone explain to me why there are fighters flying around my house?

JPB?  huh?

urgh... did a couple fly bys over my house.  Shook my windows.

Lil_T said:
And could someone explain to me why there are fighters flying around my house?

If you think about it, you will be able to figure that one by yourself i'm sure.

indeed...

I'm not having a very bright day - suppose it's to be expected on barely 3 hours of sleep. 

hmm black helicopters.. noo..

good golly I need a nap.

It seems CBC has fallen in love with Obama, just as we expect that CBC would.

CBC would fall in love with a chimp if it led the Democratic party.

Too bad the Rideau Canal is frozen over,  we won't be able to see him  walk on water. 

Beware of the demagogue who relies upon a personality cult.

OldSolduer said:
It seems CBC has fallen in love with Obama, just as we expect that CBC would.

CBC would fall in love with a chimp if it led the Democratic party.

Isn't that the truth...

JPB?  huh?  =  Just Political BS  ;) (im guessing)

I watched the whole thing from my 13th floor office I just dunno what to say to all this hype!!!!
:yellow: :cdn:

Yes the legions of mindless "Obambies" staggering around foundling everything he touches and drooling over every word he says are getting annoying to say the least,...

but I hear his tears cure cancer! 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back