JAWS228 said:1) Because I've spent my whole life living in the safety and comfort of the best damn country in the world and its time that I helped step up and earn that privilege.
2) Because it beats the heck out of working at a boring warehouse every day.
3) I've always been interested in the military, and cadets got me hooked even more (I knew for sure that I wanted to go army after the 1st time I held a C9 ;D)
4) I want to actually do something with my life that I can look back on and be proud of when I'm old...and serving Canada in the armed forces would be one of the highest callings any Canadian could hope to achieve.
slowmode said:Canada has been my home since I was born. I was born here and my parents came here to live a better life. They were previously living in Lebanon, they fled from the civil war there. Canada gave my parents a wonderful country too live in. I was raised here and got a better education that I could have got anywhere else. The main reasons why I joined the Canadian Armed Forces are:
1. I'm Arab , I want to show other people that just because I look different from the outside does not mean I dont have the same values. If you cut me open you'll find the Red blood of any Canadian. I want to serve this country, this country that gave me education, a great living, and a great life. I am 100% Canadian no matter how I look and I want people to know that.
2. I wanted an Adventure in life, I did not want a desk job or any normal job. I wanted something that would get me off my feet and do something exciting.
3. The last reason is because of all the Great people in the CF. The CF makes you feel like one big group.
Northern Ranger said:1. To get out of the house
2. Find a purpose in life
4. Make money
5. Pick up girls.
Its all happened for me after 20+years, and now looking forward to civy street for the following reasons
1. Want to stay in the house
2. Found my purpose and its my family
3. Stop traveling
4. Collect my pension
5. Stop picking up girls ;D
OkotoksRookie said:I recently spoke with a guy I knew pretty well in High School and as we were exchanging the customary 'what's new with you' questions he tells me he's just finished his BMQ and is now getting trained for his trade in the Navy. This shocks the hell out of me because this guy was always one bullet short of a full clip, so I ask him why? He tells me all the great benifits and the fellowship and most of all how rewarding it feels. Then he asks, "How's your job? Do you find it rewarding?" and it hit me... no... I don't. So he threw the recruiting link at me and I've been looking more and more into it. I regret not looking into it right out of high school as now I've got the wife/kid/mortgage triangle of responsibility and I don't think I could take the pay cut to go full time, but the reserves are looking more appealing every day. Even if it's only part-time it would be nice to be challanged and to feel that sense of fellowship my buddy was talking about.
oh.... it' be cool to shoot things too
Dolphado said:I want to join because its something that I've always wanted, but not had the support to do. I've finally, after 5 years, gotten my life on track and now as a mom of 2 I need to give my son's something to be proud of. I refuse to be that welfare mom that everyone thinks I'll end up being. Unskilled, except for bartending, I'm past the days of just going with the flow of everyone around me. Its time to go out into the world and begin a new life. one where I can actually be helpful. That, and my daddy was in the army he loved every minute of it and now as he's getting up there in age, 66 this year, he's so proud that at least one of his kids is joining.