• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why are C6 drills not standard

We Carry the C6 as a door gun on the Sea King and we follow the drills EXACTLY as laid out in the PAM, except for a minor change or two we had to make to account for the mount (and I can't remember them- but it didn't change the IA and stoppage drills).

If we ever get in a peeing contest, we just refer back to what is written down.   For really sticky questions, we have phoned the infantry school in the past.

ArmyRick said:
Closing the feed cover with either left or right hand will not affect safety or effective use of the weapon

Heh, that's exactly what I was saying earlier.  This is from one of my earlier posts:

"Certain things obviously must be taught to an exact standard.  If someone were to start teaching soldiers to strip a C7 with the mag on, that would be a pretty big problem.  As long as the variations don't affect safety though, and don't greatly change the drills, I don't see much of a problem with them.  But if someone wants to re-write the pam to make it more specific, heck go for it, at least it'll stop all the bickering about which way is correct."

See where I said that certain things have to be taught right?  If the pam specifies exactly how to do it, teach it that way.

See where I said that as long as variations don't affect safety, I don't care about them?  If the pam isn't specific enough, figure out what way it's meant to be done and do it that way.  Or figure out what way works best for you.

Anyway, now I'm confused about what the heck we were arguing about.

i think that the slammming the C6 was from the .50cal drills, correct me if i am wrong, i was told that you dont NEED to do it on the c6, but it has trikeld out form teh old gun course that included .50 and the c6. I think that the PAM is open to interpretaion to a point. I am tired and going to sleep so ill let you guys debate this more, it is actually very interesting.

Back