• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who uses the C8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFM

Inactive
Reaction score
Unlike the U.S Army, we still use the M16/C7 as our main service rifle. This leads me to wonder who uses the C8? Officers? Special forces?

JFM said:
Unlike the U.S Army, we still use the M16/C7 as our main service rifle. This leads me to wonder who uses the C8? Officers? Special forces?

:pop:

If you rank up enough times you can unlock the C8....

I think this topic has been done before

C8s are used by both Officers and NCMs;  from Private and up.  All depends on what is available to the organization and how they want to distribute.  You will see them being used by some Soldiers who are Infantry, Armour, Artillery,  Medic, Signals, etc.  As well as CANSOFCOM and Close Protection.

As well as Griffon aircrew as C8's are easier to stow in the cabin.

RCMP, Calgary police's Tactical unit, within the CF aircrews, tankers, think navy boarding parties use them along with the MP5, though not sure on this one, Special forces. I don't know why service battalions don't use them as we are traditionally mounted, and would take less space that we need.

From what I've seen they're primarily used by trades wherein the usual length of the C7 is a hindrance Ex// Tankers whose positions in the vehicle are pretty cramped.

There is no set rule as to who uses them. It's conditions based.

For example...My section traded our C7s for C8s based on our tasks on my last tour.

MilEME09 said:
RCMP, Calgary police's Tactical unit, within the CF aircrews, tankers, think navy boarding parties use them along with the MP5, though not sure on this one, Special forces. I don't know why service battalions don't use them as we are traditionally mounted, and would take less space that we need.

We have a few on ships used for the NBP and Force Protection.

Jester_TG said:
Who get's the C9 then?  ;D

Guys who by all rights should have been too smart to join the infantry but did anyway. They just never did quite make it to '10'.

I can only feel sorry for the C6 gunners...

Someone told me that most infantry officers carry the C8. Is that true?

JFM said:
Someone told me that most infantry officers carry the C8. Is that true?

Please don't tell me that you are trying to join as an Infantry Officer, however your decision rests partly on whether you get to carry a C8 or not?  :facepalm:

recceguy said:
Please don't tell me that you are trying to join as an Infantry Officer, however your decision rests partly on whether you get to carry a C8 or not?  :facepalm:
Why not?  Someones decision on whether or not to join a certain trade should always rest on the equipment they are going to be able to use right?
/sarcasm

recceguy said:

I'm simply asking a question about the equipment used in the forces. It has nothing to do with childish preferences in weapon systems. Considering you have posted over 13 000 times on this forum, I would have thought that you'd be a little more respectful and less ignorant. I'm sorry if my lack of knowledge "offended" you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back