• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who makes the C6??

Yeah, some messed up stuff happens... even in that story I posted a while ago about the mercs in Iraq... the Team Leader took like 4 shots + frag nade shrapnel in the noggin and he fought on.

Getting shot i'm sure has many many factors in which you may or not be critically wounded...

AC - I posted a link to the FBI's Handgun Wounding (Same theory with rifle) in the Infantry Forum.

Obviously beyond the physical there is psychological - why some individuals shut down when their wounds have not shut them down.

Redeye said:
Robert Lawrence was a platoon commander in the Scots Guards at Tumbledown Mountain in the Malvinas war in 1982; an Argentinian soldier shot him through the head at point blank range with an FN.   The 7.62 mm round took away half his brain, but he survived, was awarded the Military Cross, and had sufficient mental capability left to write a book on his experiences as well as have a movie made about him.   From what I read in the book, he was invalided out of the Army but was able to lead a normal life; could walk, talk and think.   There are, as you say, exceptions.

John Tescione took five 7.62x39s at close range on a cold Croatian night and lived to tell the tale, he even stayed in the Army for several years afterward.   Two of the rounds hit him in the head.   Just about anything is possible with effective medical attention.

Hi All Just want to make a comment, Yes I sure was shot on a cold night in Croatia, hell it was new years eve!,   Yes most of the rounds were 7.62 x 39, but I was hit a total of 7 times, not 5 as is reported in most newpapers and in the war museum. 4 times to the head, of which a Mauser round was extracted from my head.   It entered from the back of my left ear tearing it mostly off and damaging the ear canal, then lodging on my temple. One in the right upper arm removing half of the muscle and my tatoo! (the cap badge, dileas!).   Once in my shoulder which went in one side out of the other side (more than likely from the back to front, but I was opened up by the doctors to clean things up from the damgae of the round).   One last round entered my hand and ended up in my forefinger (9mm round).

Yes I did serve a few more years after this happened, in fact I returned to duty in less than 2 weeks!   Finished off my contract and then went to instuct in the summer with the last group of three commando.   Even had Dave Preeper as the Sgt. Major (he was our S.M over seas with Charles coy, 1 RCR).

All I know is I am no balistic expert, mayby I was born with a rabitts foot stuck up my as* but all I know is The Medics from Canada and the American 6th Naval Fleet were brilliant.   Were the Beligerents firing from a far distance that would have lowered the powered of the rounds?   They were point blank, I could have reached out and grabbed their rifles.   Were they using rounds that were of a low standard. Due to the fact that they were in a civil war, It is not far from reality that stock was purchased was from the black market, and therefore, of a lower grade.   Either way I surivived, so who   knows what science says about the mechanics of war and the machines we use.

Just remember do your job and pray that the Gods of war are by our side

John Tescione

Dileas Gu Brath

And I'll bet all you got was one lousy little rayon wound stripe for your jacket, eh?

Thanks for your service - and for posting.  Was that your likeness I saw in the Iltis at the CWM last summer?  I've also seen it on the 48th "official" website.  Quite the story.

Good post Mr Tescione.  Welcome to Army.ca; hope you stay for a bit.

Cheers,
Infanteer

Good post John!  :cdn:

Welcome aboard. 

Cheers from Australia,

Wes

the 48th regulator said:
John Tescione took five 7.62x39s at close range on a cold Croatian night and lived to tell the tale, he even stayed in the Army for several years afterward.   Two of the rounds hit him in the head.   Just about anything is possible with effective medical attention.

Hi All Just want to make a comment, Yes I sure was shot on a cold night in Croatia, heck it was new years eve!,   Yes most of the rounds were 7.62 x 39, but I was hit a total of 7 times, not 5 as is reported in most newpapers and in the war museum. 4 times to the head, of which a Mauser round was extracted from my head.   It entered from the back of my left ear tearing it mostly off and damaging the ear canal, then lodging on my temple. One in the right upper arm removing half of the muscle and my tatoo! (the cap badge, dileas!).   Once in my shoulder which went in one side out of the other side (more than likely from the back to front, but I was opened up by the doctors to clean things up from the damgae of the round).   One last round entered my hand and ended up in my forefinger (9mm round).

Yes I did serve a few more years after this happened, in fact I returned to duty in less than 2 weeks!   Finished off my contract and then went to instuct in the summer with the last group of three commando.   Even had Dave Preeper as the Sgt. Major (he was our S.M over seas with Charles coy, 1 RCR).

All I know is I am no balistic expert, mayby I was born with a rabitts foot stuck up my as* but all I know is The Medics from Canada and the American 6th Naval Fleet were brilliant.   Were the Beligerents firing from a far distance that would have lowered the powered of the rounds?   They were point blank, I could have reached out and grabbed their rifles.   Were they using rounds that were of a low standard. Due to the fact that they were in a civil war, It is not far from reality that stock was purchased was from the black market, and therefore, of a lower grade.   Either way I surivived, so who   knows what science says about the mechanics of war and the machines we use.

Just remember do your job and pray that the Gods of war are by our side

John Tescione

Dileas Gu Brath

Mr Tescione - welcome, welcome.

Sgt Tescione, it's nice to see you posting here, and it's great to hear the story straight from the source (although the circumstances are of course, regrettable).

Dileas.

Thank you all for the fantastic welcome,

sorry to have taken away from the original thread of the forum, that was my first post, and I promise to behave hehe

again thank you all, and if I may add, for all the complaing I did, heard, and saw, humping that C6 pig was well worth it when you finally got ole Bertha to singwhile lying in fire base of the platoon attack!

'nuff said

Tess.

Michael Dorosh said:
The US Army is also replacing the M60 with the M240B, are they not?

A good proportion of the civvies at this year's Calgary Stampede come up to our weapons display, ask if the C6 is a "sniper rifle" and try to use the carrying handle as a scope.   ::)

I understand there will be changes to the number of C6s in an infantry company according to official doctrine - would it be a contravention of operational security to discuss that here?

Bwahaha I needed that laugh  :warstory:

Back