• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whitney Houston Dead at 48

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Not entirely unpredicatable ...

Breaking in the LA Times

Reproduced under the fairdealing provisions of the copyright act ...
Whitney Houston dead: She was spotted displaying erratic behavior

Whitney Houston, who found fame as one of pop’s biggest voices, has died. She was 48.

Houston died Saturday afternoon, a representative for the singer told the Associated Press. Houston’s death comes on the eve of the Grammys and on the night of Clive Davis’ annual pre-Grammy gala, at which she performed last year and was expected to attend this year.

No cause of death has been announced and law enforcement sources said the singer was found in a hotel room at the Beverly Hilton, where emergency medical personnel were called sometime Saturday.

PHOTOS: Whitney Houston | 1963-2012

The Hilton is the scene for Davis’ annual gala. On Thursday, Houston dropped by the rehearsals to offer vocal tips for Brandy and Monica, who were slated to be one of the evening’s headliners.

Press, including The Times, were in attendance for a junket with the reunited R&B divas and Davis. Though Houston greeted people her with a warm smile, she appeared disheveled in mismatched clothes and hair that was dripping wet with either sweat or water.

The visibly bloated singer displayed erratic behavior throughout the afternoon -- flailing her hands frenetically as she spoke to Brandy and Monica, skipping around the ballroom in a child-like fashion and wandering aimlessly about the lobby. It was mentioned by a Grammy staffer that security personnel received calls of the singer doing handstands by the pool.

After leaving rehearsals, Houston returned to the ballroom -- with her teenage daughter Bobbi Kristina in tow -- as camera crews set up for interviews. The singer smelled of alcohol and cigarettes. A Grammy staffer said that during the interviews with Brandy, Monica and Clive, Houston was dancing just off camera to make the singers and Davis laugh. Grammy personnel expressed concern that she'd be caught on camera, and that reporters would write about her behavior.

Finally her daughter pulled Houston out of the room, and the singer skipped off. In our post of the event, we called Houston's behavior "loose and lively."

“She really loves and supports us both. For me, I went through a lot of very tumultuous moments and she would show up, not just with a phone call but physically when I needed,” Monica said when we asked about Houston coaching them. “That's something that I've carried with me, especially with all that she's been going through over the years herself. She's never turned her back on the people she cared about.”

Later that evening Houston appeared at Hollywood nightclub Tru, for fellow R&B singer Kelly Price’s pre-Grammy party. "Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For the Love of R&B" served as both a celebration and a jam session to preserve that genre, which was scaled back from eight categories to four this year.

Drugs.....
We all know someone affected by them. Celebrity or not, this is their future.
Speak up and talk to them about it!!

May Whitney R.I.P...

Drugs, the ruination of many an entertainer.  Such a shame.

Pat in Halifax said:

Yes, and The Bodyguard just finished airing on TV this morning ... they must keep this things on permanent "standby" for such occasions ...

ArmyVern said:
Yes, and The Bodyguard just finished airing on TV this morning ... they must keep this things on permanent "standby" for such occasions ...

She's doing the near-impossible and starring in the sequel.

10n7w4x.jpg

I dunno, maybe its just me but I don't find that really funny.

Sure, she had addiction issues, but christ, the poor lady just died a day ago.  Besides being an addict, she was also someone's daughter, someone's mother, someone's friend.  She was a person, regardless of the fame and drugs.

I'm not a fan of hers that followed her career and has her albums, but I'm less of a fan of throwin' shit on someone's coffin like that.

Eye In The Sky said:
I dunno, maybe its just me but I don't find that really funny.

Sure, she had addiction issues, but christ, the poor lady just died a day ago.  Besides being an addict, she was also someone's daughter, someone's mother, someone's friend.  She was a person, regardless of the fame and drugs.

I'm not a fan of hers that followed her career and has her albums, but I'm less of a fan of throwin' crap on someone's coffin like that.

Well put.

CDN Aviator said:
I found it funny.
I'll admit that I did as well.  (Especially the line about it being sponsored by Coke).

But then again, I'm an asshole, so....

Humor is where you find it......it's funny

She loved drugs more than she loved her Daughter................piss on her.

uptheglens said:
Folks were right, this was over the top.
Bruce
Staff

Cool.

Oh hey, in the interest of whats good for one is good for all, one standard, etc...post a pic of your mother or boyfriend/girlfriend/Inflate-A-Mate up here, so those of us with a sense of humour can throw some trash talk your way.

It'd just be, you know, for a laugh or two.  No harm no foul right??  All in fun...

Wow.

I dunno, maybe it's just me....but I expected more of some of the veteran members on here than this.  It's amazing what some members take offense at, but then turn around and state something much more offensive.

Thanks for giving us some material to quote when a thread comes up that YOU don't find funny. "I found it funny" "Humour is where you find it", etc. etc.

I really don't give much of a crap about her one way or another, but I do find the actions of some on here very distasteful.

Back