• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whitby Robbery Suspect Bragged of Being a Soldier

2010newbie

Inactive
Reaction score
from: http://www.durhamregion.com/news/crime/article/166124

A suspect who proclaimed himself a solder is being sought after roughing up and robbing a victim early Saturday morning in downtown Whitby.

A victim told Durham police he was walking in the vicinity of Brock and Dundas streets with two friends shortly before 3 a.m. when they were accosted by two unknown men. One victim was slapped and another was pushed to the ground and robbed of an iPhone by a man who bragged about being in the military and showed off a set of dog tags, police said.

The suspect was referred to as "Mike P.", police said. He's white, about five feet five with a stocky build, short hair and a full beard. He wore a white dress shirt with stripes.

Call police at 905-579-1520, extension 1829 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

If he has dog tags then he must be a "solder"....... Think he has a chit for the beard? I hope they catch him and if he isn't in the military, they write another story saying he has also been charged with impersonating an Armed Forces member as well.

Could not have been CF - he would have shown off his 'identification discs' and not Dog tags mentioned.  ;D

cdnleaf said:
Could not have been CF - he would have shown off his 'identification discs' and not Dog tags mentioned.  ;D

would a recently mugged civilian know the difference?

cdnleaf said:

I always called them dog tags.....but then again, I have been out since 2006.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
I always called them dog tags.....but then again, I have been out since 2006.

dileas

tess

Heh... we even call them "dog tags" in French... rolls off the francophone tongue so much better than "disques d'identité"  ;D

I've always found the fact that we call them "discs," when they're obviously not, rather amusing.  It's similar to "dialing" a phone.

Pusser said:
I've always found the fact that we call them "discs," when they're obviously not, rather amusing.  It's similar to "dialing" a phone.

Term 'ID discs' goes back to World War I when the discs were circular leather pieces (like our spinal discs) emblazoned with identification information. 

In the not so distant future we could be referring to them as ID disks with embedded microchips.

An 'interesting' US history of ID discs can be found here: http://www.qmfound.com/short_history_of_identification_tags.htm

I've called em Dog tags for the past 12 years... the only time I refer to them as ID Discs is when I'm filling out the form to replace them... (which I found out, no matter how many times you write FSM in the Religion line, they still wont put it in there......)

I assume he is a practicing member of the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I think I know the problem... though the deity is called the Flying Spagetti Monster, the religion is often referred to as Pastafarianism. We don't write God on our dogtags for our Protestant and Roman Catholic brethren right?

Therefore I expect the letter code you need would look something like this "~~~"

Pastafarian would be correct.

and while PAS could also work, FSM would be far more epic.... my philosophy has always been that if they allow that Crock of crap called Scientology to be a "Real" religion, (and yes, it is recognized by the CF) then why not Jedi or Pastafarianism?

They all have one thing in Common, They are fictional jokes.

Back