• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

While in basic

B

biggie786

Can Anyone please tell me if you can access internet to check you email while in BMQ @ St. Jean.

Thanks!

Thanks bud!

Anyone else with any input about internet access at st. Jean?

Yup. Don‘t go online.
Spend that time working on your kit and doing PT. While your at basic emerse yourself in the army lifestyle and get used to it. To some people, the net is like coffee. They go nuts with out it. Soldiers who skip lunch to go check their mail dont make good soldiers.

Biggie, did you get that phone call you‘ve been waiting for?

There are at least two computers with internet access at St. Jean. They are located in the arcade/lounge just off the Subway and cost $1.00 for 10 minutes I think. :)

NO Still no phone call....it‘s been almost 2 months now..they said they will get me the offer in a week...it‘s getting pretty annoying.

yea, I bet man. 2 months is a long time. It has been a few weeks for me since they told me the same thing, it is getting annoying.

Welcome to Military Life Indoc 101: Hurrying Up And Waiting. You‘ll be doing alot of that in the green suit, so start getting used to it.

Also on the bus,off the bus,on the bus!AHHH
Ah f%^&k make your mind‘s up!!

"On the bus."
"Off the bus!
"Pte Bloggins, what are you off the bus? Didn't I just tell you to get on the bus!"

Probably the most retarted question but what the hell do you mean by "hurry up and wait" or the thing with the bus?

Hurry up and wait seems to be the unofficial motto of the CF.

Just a Sig Op said:
"On the bus."
"Off the bus!
"Pte Bloggins, what are you off the bus? Didn't I just tell you to get on the bus!"

aha i hate that game, but I heard a little twist to it this past summer, it went sort of like
Lt said "Goddammit i swear to god, if you troops tip this fucking bus over those of you who can stand will march the rest of the way back to the alpha range with me!!!!" 

Silly troops were rcoking the bus side to side at the side of the road near the grenade range at Meaford.  Now that is a LONG walk back to the Alpha range.

Biggie786

In St.Jean, there are a couple places in the form of kiosks where you can access the internet.  Unfortunately, there
may be alot of other people wanting to get on and its only dial-up.  As an example, www.canada.com may take
four minutes to load completely where is 3 seconds with broadband.  Internet access hasn't evolved past 1995. 
A dollar for every 15 minutes.  Avoid graphics intensive sites and get an e-mail account accessible from anywhere.

Good luck.

Alex252 said:
Probably the most retarted question but what the heck do you mean by "hurry up and wait" or the thing with the bus?

Orders, particularly ones involving getting on and off a bus, can have a habit of changing suddenly and without notice.

Galadriel said:
There are at least two computers with internet access at St. Jean. They are located in the arcade/lounge just off the Subway and cost $1.00 for 10 minutes I think. :)

There are actually more than that.  They're $1 for 15 minutes, and there are four of them in Subway and four more in the Green Break area.  They're slow as shit (being that they're dialup) but they can get the email done.  But use the advice given.  During the first four weeks, I didn't touch the computers, and I got along just fine.  I've used them since, because you have more free time after the first four, but don't get carried away or neglect your responsibilities because of them. 

Hurry up and wait and on the bus off the bus applies to all militarys not use the Canadian.

Back