• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Which Unit?

TrexLink

Inactive
Reaction score
I was watching live coverage of the honour guard being reinstituted at the War Memorial. The first two guards were identified as being from 2RCR. They were replaced by two soldiers wearing DEU but with what seemed to be some sort of forage cap with a light band on it. Which unit were they from? Thanks.

TrexLink said:
I was watching live coverage of the honour guard being reinstituted at the War Memorial. The first two guards were identified as being from 2RCR. They were replaced by two soldiers wearing DEU but with what seemed to be some sort of forage cap with a light band on it. Which unit were they from? Thanks.

Governor General's Foot Guards

RedCapCrusader is correct.

Here's some further info that you may find interesting.

When wearing the forage cap, the GGFG have white bands (as RedCapCrusader said), whereas the Canadian Grenadier Guards (CGG) have red bands.  Interestingly enough, when the GGFG wear their bearskins, the feather is red in colour and when the CGG wear their bearskins, the feather is white in colour.

So the forage cap band colour is NOT the same as the feather colour.  A lot of people make that mistake.

I know this to be correct as I used to be a mbr of the GGFG.

Back