• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where to drop off reserves application?

TheBeatles193

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey,
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I did a search and couldn't find anything on it. It might sounds like a stupid question, but...oh well. Anyways, when applying to the reserves, do you have to pick up an application from the specific regiment you want to join? Or can you print off the application from the CF website? And then, once completed, do you drop it off at a recruiting centre, or at the regiment itself? Thanks.

Start with the Recruiter for the Reserve unit you want to apply to. They will have the latest forms and can inform you what will be needed for the Recruiting Centre.  They will also be able to say whether or not the unit is taking recruits at this time.

The same application is used, so yes the one off of the website would be fine.  The understanding which I have from my experiences thus far, is that you still process your application through the recruiting centre. They will only do so if you have confirmation from your perspective unit's information officer that there is a position available for you to fill.

Others - please correct me if I am wrong.

C.G.R said:
Others - please correct me if I am wrong.

In London, ON, the Recruiting Centre will not deal with an applicant for a Reserve unit unless the candidate has been sent to them by the unit Recruiter, and identified to be processed for a specific vacancy.  While it may not be the same everywhere, the current method here means that just going to the Recruiting Centre first will not work.

That seems to be the same thing as in Toronto.

My recruiter said he "didn't know much about the reserves, and would not touch the reserves with a ten foot pole", and that they need a letter from the unit recruiter.

So you guys would say that I could just print off the application and then I should drop it off at the regiment?

No. Print the application, then go to the unit and ask when you can see the unit Recruiter. The unit Recruiter will tell you what the next step is.

Here is what I read right before starting to fill out my application online.

"If, after reading this Statement, you prefer to submit your application off the Internet you may do so by completing the Canadian Forces Application form (downloadable from this Web site) and if interested in Regular Force (Full-Time) employment either mail it or bring it to your recruiting centre. If, however, you are interested in Reserve Force (Part-Time) employment you may submit your application form directly to the applicable Reserve Unit. For a complete list of Reserve Units in your area, please contact 1-800-856-8488."

It says you may submit. Does that mean that if I can't get in touch with the reserve unit, that I should bring my application to the Regular Force recruiting centre? The reserve unit I am interested in has no contact info so I am a little lost.

For the reserve force, there is work that must be done by the reserve unit Recruiting Officer prior to submission to the CFRC, including the requesting of cadet records (if applicable), inputting you into the recruiter database and verifying that there is an opening for the positions for which you are applying. You will have to go to the unit. Further to that, some unit COs want to talk to applicants before beginning the process.

It's a good idea to go to the unit anyway. They'll then know who you are and you might get a chance to talk to members of the unit, especially those in your current occupation.

Back