• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where to buy a C-7 (AR-15...)???

Laps

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all!

Does anyone knows where I could buy a good (would consider used) AR15?  Doesn't matter who makes it, except the Norinco knock off. 

I know of Milarm in Edmonton, and payed hem a visit, but they either have very expensive NIB, or pretty worn out used ones (still asking about $1000 for them), so I want to see what else is out there.

Thanks!

Laps,

You have wings on your chest.  You fly a green helicopter.  You sleep in a tent.  Isn't that Army enough for you?  Now you want to go buying a C7 too?  Careful, or you may end up competing with a certain someone who bears a striking resemblance to robocop.  Wait until the guys at the cf pilot site hear about this!  ;D

Doesn't matter who make's them or sells them, they're still pretty pricey! Buy brand new, you get what you pay for!

They're about to get a whole lot more expensive too, a friend of mine (who works in a gun shop) said that colt is no longer shipping to Canada due to all of the paperwork and BS that it takes to get a restricted firearm into the country.  He picked up one of the last ones to come in.

Also this person who resembles robocop, he wouldn't happen to be Airforce Sgt. T from CFLRS would he?  What you're saying sounds familliar...

Planes

My lips are sealed, but I'm sure Laps knows who I am talking about.

Well... when it comes to ROBOCOP, I guess I am the only one out of the loop?!?!? 

I have also heard rumours about Colt and Armalite no longer shipping to Canada.  I hope this is just hearsays and that the whole thing isn't true...

Who the heck is robocop anyway????

Strike said:
My lips are sealed, but I'm sure Laps knows who I am talking about.

Come on now, the suspense is killing me ;D, if it is who I think it is (and if the stories I've heard are true) then I'm not suprised how well known this guy is!

Planes

http://www.dlask.com/

Built in Canada so no import/ export BS and no duty ect.

To top it off they sell some nice stuff, but you get what you pay for.

Gunnerlove said:
http://www.dlask.com/

Built in Canada so no import/ export BS and no duty ect.

To top it off they sell some nice stuff, but you get what you pay for.

Meaning what?? I own 3 Dlask rifles,not a single problem with any of them.As for Colt not selling to Canada,I got news for you they haven't been for quite sometime now,Armalite,Bushmaster,DPMS,LMT,Stag,and a whole host of others are all still availible in Canada,so there will be no AR-15 shortage for sometime to come.Perhaps your gunshop buddy is simply trying to rip his customers off by saying that ARs are in short supply.

Try Pheonix Gun range in Edmonton. Sometimes they have people put their guns for sale. I almost picked up a AR15 Bushmaster for 1650 Dollars, brand new.

Hi just a thought...why not get a beat up model and then purchase parts that are needed ? parts would be easy instead of the whole rifle. I am sure what ever a person could do themselves a gunsmith could. i guess this all depends on the condition of the upper/lower reciever, but it could be tig welded if needed. Sounds like an interesting project. 

gottyfunk said:
Hi just a thought...why not get a beat up model and then purchase parts that are needed ? parts would be easy instead of the whole rifle. I am sure what ever a person could do themselves a gunsmith could. i guess this all depends on the condition of the upper/lower reciever, but it could be tig welded if needed. Sounds like an interesting project. 

Usually the parts are way more expenisve. I shot a fully upgraded norinco ar15 and the price was just under 1800 dollars.

expat... aren't Norinco available out there for about $750?  If I need to put in over a $1000 to make a Norinco look "pretty", mays as well pay $1800 right off the bat and get a colt / armalite / DPMS...

(What did you deck it out with???)

Target Sports Center here in Gormley (Richmond Hill ON) has two used ones in right now.

Not sure what the price or condition is.          http://target-sports.com/

Touchy, touchy.

I have nothing against Dlask, as I said they make some nice stuff. Their prices are comparable to other manufacturers of similar quality, so you get what you pay for (a quality AR clone).

I think the midlength 16" guns are the way to go - you can take then into the US for training (if your so inclined) unlike the <16" guns.

I think for a general purpose gun the Armalite Midlength flatop guns are hard to beat.
1:9 barrel so if you want to shoot the 75 and 77gr BTHP's you will have poor results but for plinking/training gun it will be fine.
Start iron sights (detachable carry handle) and you can always upgrade to an optic later.

$1400 is max what I'd pay for a new gun

The Colt LE Carbines can still be found and IF you plan on shootign a LOT (15k + a year) I'd spend more for the Colt gun.

Dlask - I dont want to get into a pissing match about them -- I have three of their lowers - but I'd never get anything else but lowers from them - their parts are sourced from who knows where and his idea of "spec" is unusual.

I always recommend people to shop local too if they can help it - I'd recommend P&D for Edmonton AR stuff.
MILARM may be a bit cheaper on some AR's - but P&D will match the $ if you go back to them...

Back