• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where can i find a current issue CF frag vest for sale?

tootall9

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can find a current issue cadpat fragmentation protective vest for sale?

tootall9 said:
Does anyone know where i can find a current issue cadpat fragmentation protective vest for sale?

Doubt you would find any out there. And if you did they are stolen crown property.

Give your head a shake.

tootall9 said:

One doesn't, unless it is sold ILLEGALLY.

What would you want a CADPAT Frag Vest for anyway?  Don't answer that you want it for Airsoft, or the LCF, or you won't be happy with further replies.

I need i for a regimental museum i have seen some floating around ebay bu can seem to find it ne more and our clohing stores dont een issue them to us to use unless going overseas let alone for our regimental museum

tootall9 said:
I need i for a regimental museum i have seen some floating around ebay bu can seem to find it ne more and our clohing stores dont een issue them to us to use unless going overseas let alone for our regimental museum

How about starting by using proper spelling and grammar.

EDITED TO ADD

Those that where seen on EBay where most likely stolen kit.

If it's for a regimental museum, then the regiment should be able to use the supply system to acquire one that has been written off.  With repairs it should be serviceable for your purposes which are or should be for appearance only.

May I ask which regiment you are speaking of?

tootall9 said:

Clothing Stores issues to individuals, not entities.

Whoever is your SCA holder will need to draft up a DND2227, attach substantiation and a request to raise entitlement to hold on your Museum's account. As the movement of the item that you are after is controlled by the national level vice the local level (and operatonally restricted), Supply Customer Services Section would then have to address your demand and request to the appropriate SM in NDHQ for furtherance to the applicable release authority for approval.

If approved at that level, entitlement would be raised for the Museum to hold and the SM would direct the issue from Op holdings through your supporting Base Supply to your SCA (that's the terminology that replaced "DA" - Distribution Account). They may approve the release of an NS vest to you as stated by Mr O'Leary as well, but the vest is still subject to CTAT/ITAR and national level approval even for that scenario.

Good luck with your request, although I suspect that it'll be quite a while before we see this item making its way into Museum displays given the fact that we have barely enough of them to outfit our folks serving in operationally nasty theatres at the current time.

I have seen these (the Cadpat Gen III  FPV) pop up on e-bay at least twice, being sold out of Gatineau no less. Disgraceful.

They are stolen property if they're on the civvy market. They're "Controlled Technology, Access and Transfer" (CTAT) and the demilitarization code stupulates total destruction when being disposed of by the CF. So there is no legit/legal way to get these on civvy side in a condition which would be worthy of museum display.

The CFSS is your only avenue. The outer shell sould really be all that is required for the purposes of display, and there might be a shell/carrier out there that's been seperated from its guts, so it could happen.

If you are a CF accredited museum, perhaps you should liaise with your POC at DHH (or DHR?) and see if they can help you out from their end.

Cheers,
Eric

If anyone is still looking for something similar, check out CP gears new product, would be great to just put on display or for paintball or w/e
http://www.cpgear.com/store/np/canadian_flak_vest.htm

dh101 said:
If anyone is still looking for something similar, check out CP gears new product, would be great to just put on display or for paintball or w/e
http://www.cpgear.com/store/np/canadian_flak_vest.htm

You had to resurrect a 4+ year old dormant thread to post that?

NFLD Sapper said:

thread-resurrection-PTL.jpg

Just doing my humble duty :p

NFLD Sapper said:

You can't have it both ways - berating members for not using search, and then berating members for making use of existing threads....which they probably found after doing a search.

You can't have it both ways - berating members for not using search, and then berating members for making use of existing threads....which they probably found after doing a search.

Perhaps berating isn't a good approach for either situation?

PPCLI Guy said:

This goes against the cake-and-eat-it-too culture we've developed in the CF.

The fake CP Gear version "comes filled with 3/8" close cell foam plates in order to give the same look as the original armoured plates."  Hmmm...paintball be damned; that might be a good investment for those FFO sessions.    ;D

Journeyman said:
The fake CP Gear version "comes filled with 3/8" close cell foam plates in order to give the same look as the original armoured plates."  Hmmm...paintball be damned; that might be a good investment for those FFO sessions.    ;D
...and a great match for that bulging ruck stuffed with pillows and bubble wrap... :nod:

Back