• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the PAM that has callsigns in it?

DG-41

Inactive
Reaction score
Grr. Curse the DIN.

I'm trying to find the PAM that has regimental callsigns in it - specifically the Adjt and the R Ops O.

I thought it would be in "The Armoured Regiment in Battle" but it isn't, and "The Recce Regiment in Battle" appears to be defunct.

Anybody got a reference to the right PAM?

Searching the DIN is head-poundingly frustrating.

DG

No, I think that's the right pub, but some of my sigs comrades tell me that it has never been digitized and is not in the Army Electronic Library.  Maybe someone out there has a copy they scanned themselves?

Absolutely - when I was a Chief Clerk, I was 92A.

As far as ACP 125 goes - that IS the CORRECT pub number - if it hasn't been "digitized" yet, then you need to go to your unit library and get a hard copy.

I couldn't find ACP 125 in our PAM library, but I did find Precis 169 from the Armoured School, dated 1979 (!)

In it, it has the callsigns for Armd, inf, and Arty Regiments.

And I note that the chart that lists them is headed ACP 125 CANSUPP-1(A)

DG

Roy Harding said:
As far as ACP 125 goes - that IS the CORRECT pub number - if it hasn't been "digitized" yet, then you need to go to your unit library and get a hard copy.

Actually 125 is digitized, but the CANSUPP is not, and, IIRC it is in there.

92 is the Adj according to ACP 125.  If you need to order some, PM me and I'll give you the contact info you'll need.  However, a better ref for C/S is B-GL-332-001/FP-001 USOP & TAM, Vol 2, TAM 204, which lists the Universal Fixed Callsign System.  It's more current than the Fixed C/S layout in ACP 125.  The TAM is based on BG nets vice unit nets, so it doesn't list a C/S for an Adj, just for a G1.  G1 per the TAM is C/S 91.

All this said, no fixed C/S system in any unit I've ever seen ever matched the pam exactly.   So long as the system you use is published and understood by all you can use whatever you want for C/S.

edit: spelling

Back