• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the hold up?

Grandus

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey recruits, I had my interview/Medical in Victoria on the 29th of June, I'm not sure what I can say about the interview but I think it went well, I believe however that my credit might be an issue. It's been 6 weeks since my Interview and I have not heard back from them. Does the process normally take this long and how much longer should I wait before trying to contact them again. Also does anyone have advice for someone like me with student loan debt?

when you had your interview, did they give you an idea how long the process would take and when they said you could follow up? you can email the person who did your interview or ask for an update via the forces website.

Grandus said:
Hey recruits, I had my interview/Medical in Victoria on the 29th of June, I'm not sure what I can say about the interview but I think it went well, I believe however that my credit might be an issue. It's been 6 weeks since my Interview and I have not heard back from them. Does the process normally take this long and how much longer should I wait before trying to contact them again. Also does anyone have advice for someone like me with student loan debt?

Student loan debt is pretty common and nothing something I would stress too much over assuming its a reasonable amount.

When I did my interview and medical in June, the interviewer told me the next step was sending my medical file to Borden and it would be 6-8 weeks before they would give a yay or nay on medical fitness. I'm at the same 6 week mark as you and also haven't heard back yet, but don't fret, cause they've still got 2 weeks of time before you should go seeking answers.

Grandus said:
I was told to call once every month for an update on my application. And you can ask about student loan debt when you call your CFRC.

They might be doing a reference check right now. I had my interview in June and Medical/Physical in July. Garda contacted mid August saying that all my references were unreachable. Got the ball rolling against when the school season kicked in.

The CFRC told me its going to be a good 2-4 months due to the high number of applicants.

Back