• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

BYT Driver said:
Sorry, but one word...Rogers...

Aren't they the Company that flies the black flag at the top of their masts..........You know the one with the skull and cross bones.

I had a young Cpl from Newfoundland working for me in Gagetown.  He had $400 pluss phone bills monthely.  We looked around and found that it was cheaper to pay Rogers the $200 to break his contract with them than to stay with them.  He found a much friendlier provider and much better service with Aliant. 

I just broke my ankle (around 1700ish) (off my porch) went to a civilian hospital and they told me to get a soft foot cast. As it is broken in two spots.

I said okay, drove into Halifax with my wife. "That will be 370 dollars, the military will reimburse you!"

I know how that goes, I will wait to Monday and enjoy my Corona on my couch.

Now to phone my boss.....

The funniest thing I heard today?

At parade practice for our change of command parade: "One more run through and we're done for the day....." :rofl:

Currently Work with members of the Special Olympics Tank D&M/Gunnery Team

By noon my brain hurts.
Todays Gem ; 
Tpr: naptha Dissolves Oil Right?
Me:  In a way yea, it breaks it down, loosens it a bit and you can rag it up.
Tpr: well cant we just soak the engine compartment in naptha and burn off the oil?
Me: good luck with that

Yes man, let us burn out the engine compartment! grande idea....

I was at the local grocery store yesterday and heard this as a couple were trying to buy cigarettes .... (store policy everyone shows ID )
Woman wanted cigs but had no ID so she gets her husband to get them (both in their 40's) and he said " I don't want to be registered with the government as a smoker " when it was explained that everyone needs to show ID for DOB he said "fine but i don't trust the government"
I just shook my head and smiled.

I love people who are like that and then ask if you take "air miles" and use their debit card...

This was a while ago but I was with my friends at a burger king and we're talking then there was a pause and one of my buddies say "What the &%#@ where did my drink go" as he is saying this he is lifting his cup looking underneath at the bottom of it sets it down pauses for a second then says " oh god damn it". He will never live that one down

God56 said:
This was a while ago but I was with my friends at a burger king and we're talking then there was a pause and one of my buddies say "What the &%#@ where did my drink go" as he is saying this he is lifting his cup looking underneath at the bottom of it sets it down pauses for a second then says " oh god damn it". He will never live that one down

Would this qualify as today's??

From work tonight, basically, we have a deal for previously viewed movies, 2 for 26/22/16 and 3 for 15. Well, this guy brings up a previously viewed movie and a completely brand new movie.

Guy: So I get the 2 for 22 deal on this right
*I look at the movies*
Me: I'm sorry but this one is a brand new movie and doesn't count for the deal
Guy: But it was on the same shelf as the previously Viewed movie
Me: It's just a shelf to put movies on, its not a shelf just for previously view movies
Guy: I don't understand why are you falsely advertising your movies
Me: We're not, previously viewed movies have a coloured sticker on the front of it, Brand new movies do not, thats how we advertise it
Guy: But why are you having a brand new movie on a previously view shelf
Me: Its not a shelf just for previously viewed, its just a shelf.
Guy: Tha'ts false advertising, I want these movies, 2 for 22
Me: I can't do that
Guy: Well who can?
Me: My boss
*10 Minute conversation with my boss arguing about the price and false advertising*
Guy still buys the movies  ::)

I really cant stand people like that.  People who just argue, and argue, and always have to make situations difficult for people.  Saw lots of them working my various part time jobs while in high school.  I don't know exactly how to describe those people, but I hate it.

MedTechStudent said:
I really cant stand people like that.  People who just argue, and argue, and always have to make situations difficult for people.  Saw lots of them working my various part time jobs while in high school.  I don't know exactly how to describe those people, but I hate it.

Everyone believes that if I make enough of a fuss someone will cave eventually and I'll get what I want  ::). I remember my old job working at a pizza parlour having my manager tell people that were trying to muscle a 15 year old kid(me) into a free set of wings that they were "pathetic and no longer welcome in the restaurant."  ;D

rmc_wannabe said:
Everyone believes that if I make enough of a fuss someone will cave eventually and I'll get what I want  ::). I remember my old job working at a pizza parlour having my manager tell people that were trying to muscle a 15 year old kid(me) into a free set of wings that they were "pathetic and no longer welcome in the restaurant."  ;D

I would love to work for a boss like that. The problem is that most people have bought into the myth that the customer is ALWAYS right. The customer is, more often then not, seldom right. Customers can be bitchy, rude, or just looking to make themselves feel more important than what they are by treating a store employee like dirt.  When the employee finally has enough of their bullshit, the customer runs to the manager claiming the employee treated them like crap while the were being perfect angels. I have witnessed this on countless occasions and I never fail to inform the manager of the real version of the incident and not the arseholes version. A manager who supports his employees is worth his weight in gold and should be applauded.

Also, before anyone gets their knickers in a knot. Yes there are rude and terrible staff, we have all dealt with them in the past but I still find that the overwhelming majority of staff versus customer dustups are primarily instigated by arsehole customers who want nothing more than to cause problems.

Well if it makes you feel better I can guarantee you my "customers" are always wrong and the staff is always right.... ;D

2 Cdo said:
arsehole customers who want nothing more than to cause problems.

I don't think they intentionally  want to cause problems.  Its just that from my experience anyways, they feel they are entitled to get something for less, or feel that any little blip in the system somehow pertains  to them and they should get something for nothing.  Usually, people with that kind of personality, come from family's that spoiled them rotten and they are used to getting everything they want. 

And if they don't, they just throw a "grown-up" tantrum.  The whole, "well I want to talk to your manager/ I'm going to call your head office and complain/ you guys are terrible....to me that is the same as the 4 year old holding his breath at the checkout cause his mom wont buy him a Snickers.

The reason people do it though, is because they do get their way.  Because most time, people would rather just do it and appease them then listen to their complaining and ignorant bull****.  And thats wrong, because it can be dangerous.  An example, the poor woman who got harassed so much at the "Baggage Check" line at Pearsons by one of the bombing organizers, that she checked the guys bag through that blew up Air India 182, even though the guy had not been cleared for the full flight.  I bet she will never be pushed around by a customer again after something like that. 

Point is, its an immature way to try to get what you want, making others feel bad and embarrassed when there is nothing they can do.  I thought we were all supposed to grow out of that.

Cheers, Kyle   

At Gay Pride this weekend where I volunteered as a medical responder.
20 something female puking her guts out in a beer garden (friends reported many beers downed).

"I swear I haven't drank anything today, *puking sound*"
Then she got combative.

It was fun.

For sheer massive incompetence I nominate the shoddy CTV Newsnet coverage of the CF Change of Command ceremony. It appeared uncoordinated, poorly produced and directed and often unconnected to the events happening inside the wire. For some reason Bob Fife and Michel Drapeau, the two in-scene personalities, were reporting from outside the compound. I checked the advisory on the DND web site yesterday and it cautioned the media that space was limited and persons wishing to attend would have to arrive early and be in possession of photo ID. I don't know whether the dynamic duo chose not to conform, were late or failed accreditation, but Fife implied that they were excluded by design.

Having said that, it was better than the CBC Newsworld effort, which was spotty and interrupted by commercials and reports on other items.

Continuing on the “dumb customer” string…recently I was flying Air Canada from Los Angeles and the “gentleman” sitting next to me was having issues with the touch-screen in front of him. The problem simply was that the screen was misaligned and the menu was in French, so he couldn’t change it to English. The poor flight attendant tried everything she could to satisfy him. She re-set the screen about 3 times, she even offered him another seat with a working screen-but noooo…he paid for THIS seat and didn’t want to move.  By the end of the flight he was demanding retribution for not being able to watch a movie- even though he was told that the movie service is complimentary and he didn’t even pay for it.  (and he wouldn’t move seats!)

The real clincher is that halfway through the flight I took notice of the situation and brought to his attention that even though the menu was in French, he could still watch the film in English.  Somehow this never got through and he couldn’t seem to get past the fact that he couldn’t read the menu.  So the fact is that the problem wansn't that he couldn’t watch a movie in his preferred language, he was simply too dumb to realize how it worked. Oh the dumbass customers some people have to put up with!

Back