• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

dev_tech said:
"I had my wallet stollen and ALL of my ID."

Queue Stupid part, at the passport office.

"Could I see some ID?"

I wanted to punch myself in the face.

Something similar happened to me when i lost my driver's permit

Me: I lost my permit and need a replacement
DMV : Ok, whats your name ( pulls up my file and there is a jpeg of my permit)
Me: thats easy
DMV : Do you have ID with you ?
Me : Sure do....pull out military ID
DMV: Oh, thats good for secondary ID....you will also need primary ID
Me: Ok, whats primary ID ?
DMV : DL, birth crtificate or health card

Slightly puzzled, i ask if a passport is good ( i dont have a provincial health card and my birth certificate is German)

DMV : No sir we dont accept passports as ID
Me: Ok, why not ?
DMV : It doesnt prove you are a canadian citizen

So i open my passport on the page where it says " the bearer of this passport is a Canadian citizen"

DMV : well you can be a citizen of 2 countries
Me : Yes but one of them HAS TO BE Canada

DMV : Sir, we dont accept passports as ID

Thank f**k someone found my DL in Hawaii and mailed it back to me.

Last time I checked you didn't need to be a citizen to have a DL either.  ::)

Strike said:
Last time I checked you didn't need to be a citizen to have a DL either.  ::)

It got even worse when they told me that my only other option was to get a citizenship certificate. My certificate of registration of birth abroad is no longer accepted. So i called the GoC service line........

I couldnt get a DL because i didnt have a citizenship certificate
I couldnt get a citizenship certificate because i didnt have a DL

Very frustrating.

CDN Aviator said:
It got even worse when they told me that my only other option was to get a citizenship certificate. My certificate of registration of birth abroad is no longer accepted. So i called the GoC service line........

I couldnt get a DL because i didnt have a citizenship certificate
I couldnt get a citizenship certificate because i didnt have a DL

Very frustrating.

Sounds like the movie 'Brazil'  ;D

"In general, if someone is underneath water for an extended period of time, it rally is a difficult thing to survive." - Dr Kimberly Manning, MD on CNN

CDN Aviator said:
Something similar happened to me when i lost my driver's permit

Me: I lost my permit and need a replacement
DMV : Ok, whats your name ( pulls up my file and there is a jpeg of my permit)
Me: thats easy
DMV : Do you have ID with you ?
Me : Sure do....pull out military ID
DMV: Oh, thats good for secondary ID....you will also need primary ID
Me: Ok, whats primary ID ?
DMV : DL, birth crtificate or health card

Slightly puzzled, i ask if a passport is good ( i dont have a provincial health card and my birth certificate is German)

DMV : No sir we dont accept passports as ID
Me: Ok, why not ?
DMV : It doesnt prove you are a canadian citizen

So i open my passport on the page where it says " the bearer of this passport is a Canadian citizen"

DMV : well you can be a citizen of 2 countries
Me : Yes but one of them HAS TO BE Canada

DMV : Sir, we dont accept passports as ID

Thank f**k someone found my DL in Hawaii and mailed it back to me.

Same deal (born in Germany Cdn Army Brat) trying to get a replacement SIN. Certificate of Birth abroad not acceptable nor is passport  or Mil ID to prove you are Canadian citizen, told to apply for Certificate of Canadian citizen card through Immigration Canada where they will accept my certificate of  birth abroad. That process could take 10 months. What a fine bureaucracy we have.

downhillslide said:
Same deal (born in Germany Cdn Army Brat) trying to get a replacement SIN. Certificate of Birth abroad not acceptable nor is passport  or Mil ID to prove you are Canadian citizen, told to apply for Certificate of Canadian citizen card through Immigration Canada where they will accept my certificate of  birth abroad. That process could take 10 months. What a fine bureaucracy we have.

;D  Someone just put off their paperwork, hoping that in ten months when you finally get that info someone else will have to deal with it.

211RadOp said:
"In general, if someone is underneath water for an extended period of time, it rally is a difficult thing to survive." - Dr Kimberly Manning, MD on CNN

Damn that is insightful! I would nevera thunk it!

Jim Seggie said:
Damn that is insightful! I would nevera thunk it!

That's because you & me don't have that edjumacational thingy.....Damn....it pays to be smart huh?  ;)

HavokFour said:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/23/3171019.htm

I think Chavez has been huffing some of that cheap Venezuelan gasoline. 

Working a flight to Orlando, Florida.

Female passenger: (to me) Ma'am, can you please do something about that.

Me: About what ma'am?

Female pax: That. (points to crying infant)

Me: The baby?

Her: Ya.

Me: What would you like me to do about it, ma'am?

Her: I don't know, can't you shut it up?

Me: I'm pretty sure I'll get in trouble if I smother it, and I doubt it's mother will appreciate me trying to breast feed her kid. But you're more than welcome to try ma'am.

I smile and walk away. I sure hope I get back in the military soon, my sarcasm is starting to reach CF proportions and is going to get me in trouble soon. Mind you, the pax around her were killing themselves laughing.

ringknocker82 said:
I smile and walk away.
:rofl:
Well done. I often find myself in the same boat.. Using epic sarcasm in my workplace and realizing I am not back in the CF yet..

Sigger said:
:rofl:
Well done. I often find myself in the same boat.. Using epic sarcasm in my workplace and realizing I am not back in the CF yet..

Some habits are just hard to break, at least I didn't drop an 'f' bomb.  :argument: :tsktsk:

Listening to the election shenanigans on the radio this morning with my boss Dave.....on comes an ad that states

"Only Jack Layton can defeat Stephen Harper in Alberta"

We had to pull over, Dave almost lost control of the vehicle because we was laughing so hard. At face value, that statement is ludicrous, no matter which party you support.

Back